Figgs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightPoet00

Reaction score
Figgs died about 25 minutes ago. Today she wasvery listless and when I got home from class tonight she couldn't evensupport herself enough to sit straight. I rushed her to the emergencyclinic, but it was too late. I'm really sad, even though I had her forless than a week. :(:(:(:(:(:(

Geez, I'm so sorry! She was such a cutey-pie. Please accept my heart felt condolences.

It won't change anything, but if you're not familiar with the conceptof the Rainbow Bridge, please link here athttp://www.lisaviolet.com/ecard/rainbowjavax.htmlinorder to find some solace. Many of us who have lost buns inthe past accept this very simple, but beautiful conception.

Once again, I am sorry forthis great loss at such an earlystage of your relationship with her. I know how concerned youwere about her refusal to eat. So many things can go awrywith young buns like Figgs. Try not to blameyourself. At least she went out being loved, and with someonetrying to save her life.

Buck

Here I sit, crying over Figgs.

Tsk, oh Beth. I'm still in shock over reading he died in the last post. That was so fast!

It doesn't take long for these little one's to go, but that just felt like you were robbed.

I'm so sorry. Tears are streaming down my face, and I know that's sillybecause I don't know you and Figgs, but I was right there with you andthought we could get past it.

With Deepest Sympathy,
-Carolyn

I want to get another bunny and try again but Ifeel like it would sort of offend Figgs' memory, if that makes sense,and I'm afraid it would die fast again. Any tips?

Thanks for your concern, I truly appreciate it. I thought this would beeasier since I haven't known her very long, but it's not.

Dear Beth,

I truly hope you do get another bunny, and no, I don't think it's inany way a disrespect to Figgs. I think it's in Figgs' Honor because shetaught you the joy, love, and tenderness that a rabbit can bring intoyour life.

My only suggestion would be that this time around, you get one from areputable breeder. Check out the shelters in your area too.

As to the short time you had Figgs and your grief, I've learned from myown experience that it hurt just as much to lose a rabbit after twoweeks as it did to lose a cat I had for 14 years.

When you give your whole heart in love, it doesn't matter if it's 2weeks or 2 years, you give your heart that day and the loss isdevastating. I actually felt worse about the rabbit I got from a petstore that died 2 weeks later. Skip was such a Cool Rabbit and I didn'thave a chance to really get to know his loving personality. I stillmiss that rabbit. He was a Rex, and he was Gorgeous in every way.

Skip taught me a lot.

-Carolyn

It might be the most fitting memorial you couldgive to poor little Figgs...the gift of life and love in a shelteredhome to some little forlorn bun out there. I would mostwholeheartedlyrecommend it, if you're up to it.

As far as suggestions, take the time to peruse through the past postentitled "A Cheat Sheet for Rabbit Care," createdby our moderator, Carolyn. If I find it, I'll add a link herefor you to connect to. It'll give you some good basicinformationthat any potential bunny owner should know.

Buck

The link ishttp://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=1649&forum_id=1

Thank you for all your support, and especially for your empathy Carloyn -- I appreciate it more than you can know.

Oh my, I can't believe how quickly this has happened! I'm so sorry. It must be so hard....we all know how it feels. *hugs*

Buck and Carolyn couldn't have said it better. I'd give myself a littletime to heal a bit, and get another rabbit. Just think of what you'd bedoing by saving a rabbit.

Oh that's awful! I'm so sorry to hearabout your bun. If you can find it in your heart to haveanother bun, it will beso rewarding to give another bunny achance at a goodlife. If not, anoccasional bag of foodor hay to your local shelter will helpandallowsalot of bunnies to have the food andshelter they won't have otherwise.

My sympathies go out to you.

Ang xx

Wow, I couldn't imagine losing a rabbit so early.I mean, they all die, but atleast you usually have time to get to knowthem and have fun with them to make good memeories. I've only had Ellaand Twix for 3 1/2 weeks, and i'm having troubles with them, but icouldn't imagine losing them or ever not having them around. I gave meheart to them the day mom came home with them.

I think it's a good idea in Figgs memory to rescuea rabbit that needs a home. :)

I am so sorry about Figgs - how awful thatithappened after such a short time of being together. If you feel readyfor another bun, then, like Buck said, I think it would be like amemorial to her, and there are many bunnies out there desperate for aforever home - Jan

Update! Today I decided to head over and get someChinese food (yum!). The Chinese food place just happens to be near thepet store where I got Figgs. I decided to go in and tell them whathappened. I urged them to either make sure the rest of the bunnies arehealthy or to make sure that new owners go home with at least 3 daysworth of food to mix in with new pellets, or both. Apparently theyusually try to push people in BUYING the food that the bunnies areeating, but I told that manager (very politely of course!) that theyshould consider including some food in the cost of the rabbit since $49is pretty steep for a mixed breed pet-quality bunny. They were verynice to me and apologized and told me that they would be speaking toall of their employees about it, and I even got a full refund eventhough I didn't have my receipt and that wasn't even the purpose of myvisit! Of course I'd rather have a healthy Figgs, but at least there'sa decent side to all of this.

I am thinking about you and am so sorry for yourloss. I know exactly how you feel about wanting to get another bunnybut not wanting to offend the precious memory of Figgs. After we lostFudge we knew we would get another, as we didn't want Miffy to be aloneand we have the time and love to rescue an unwanted bun but I wrestledwith guilt over getting another bunny before the basket was cold, so tospeak.We got a new bunny from our rescue centre 2 weeks afterFudge died and it has helped us and Miffy. Fudge will always be ourprecious angel, but I believe that he is still around and helped uschoose Munchkin to be Miffy's new companion, I think he would approveof our new bun. Take your time and a new angel will bless you life,just as Figgsdid. mummybunny

My boy was born only a few days after his beloveddaddy died. Having a miniature Bunbun to take his place rightawaywas pretty much what got me through that.

Alsoaround that time, I'd been semi-engaged for two years,and had just got dumped. And wethoughtmy uncle wasdying (until we found out the doctor made a mistake). It was a horribletime overall and Bub's birth made life look better.

Dad:

Pict0045.jpg

Son:

Untitled-2r.jpg

It sometimes helps to pour all that love into a new baby....

Rose

Latest posts

Back