FibaFirst - New Food by Supreme: Any thoughts?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nela

Reaction score
While at the pet store, I came across this and decided I need to ask you guys about this.

http://www.fibafirst.com/

Any thoughts? It's not cheap, but I was thinking of incorporating it into their diet rather than feeding them that alone. I was wondering if it could help Crumble's teeth more than the average food or if I am just falling for a marketing scheme... :p

Yeah sounds good right? I saw that the company has yet to release the study that shows increased teeth wear so until there is proof of that, I will think of it as being the same as others. Lol. However, I find the fibre content impressive and since it has alfalfa in it, but still has a low calcium rating, I guess there isn't enough in it to be a problem.

It's much too expensive to switch all 3 of buns on it as their main feed but I am thinking of buying it as a supplement and use it to help cut back on their pellet as well. (Unfortunately,ours is an alfalfa based pellet as that's what we've found here that works and isn't much too expensive to feed)

I'll pick up a box next week or soand see how they react to it. :)Oh by the way, I found out that it was released in Dec 2011 in the UK, and has only now been released in the EU so it really is quite new. Is this a brand that is normally available in the US?

I don't believe it is available in the US. The price only shows up in pounds and there is no converter. Leading me to believe it isn't available here.

Yes, but I am not in the UK either and have it. :)I think it is only because that was off their UK site. I went to their US site and saw that they have productswith a 'coming soon' description but I do not see the fibafirst.

I find this company odd as they have great products, but then they also have junk. Lol. I wonder how a company with knowledge of proper nutrition can be fine with consciously selling junk as well. :?But ah well :p

Just letting you know that I bought a box today and gave Crumble a first piece to try. It smells quite nice! Anyway, he's happily munching away on it. Like I said, it's not great for food for multiples $ wise but it sure seems to make a great treat at least. :)

Here you go:

DSC06608.jpg

DSC06609.jpg

Compared to the basic pellets we feed:

DSC06610.jpg

Nela wrote:
Yes, but I am not in the UK either and have it. :)I think it is only because that was off their UK site. I went to their US site and saw that they have productswith a 'coming soon' description but I do not see the fibafirst.

I find this company odd as they have great products, but then they also have junk. Lol. I wonder how a company with knowledge of proper nutrition can be fine with consciously selling junk as well. :?But ah well :p
This is totally random, but this company is based really near me and I know one of the members of staff. I asked her some questions and mentioned some products that me and some other bunny owners thought would be useful and that person told me to talk to the nutritionalist who was quite brisk and not interested (despite there being demand for the product and me being told to talk to him). Having spoken to some others who are involved with them, or have been,, they have some very strange ideas. On their UK site I believe the handling bit still talks about 'scruffing' the bunny despite being told by many welfare people and even vets, I believe, over here, that that is not good practice.

Yes, they are very contradictory and don't seem to make much sense with what they sell and promote and the knowledge and education they provide owners. Some is amazing, and some is highly lacking. Very strange stuff.

I hope your bunnies like the FibaFirst :)

Thanks Flashy. Yeah, it really boggles my mind too. It's like they have both the proper and up-to-date info, and yet also have info dating back to 10 years ago. It's really odd!

Supreme have been pretty good anytime I chatted with them. They've had a new website fairly recently, but if you spot inaccurate info I'd drop them an email and they'll likely swap it.

They started out with mixes years ago, but then introduced pellets and now have quite a wide range. I guess they'll keep mixes available until demand drops - I think more people do buy pellets now.

I haven't tried fibafirst, I feed their supreme science, from what I heard people are fairly positive about it tho.

Yeah Tamsin, they have some great products. I just wish they would quit supplying the 'junkfood' but it is a business after all :)I could certainly see them becoming a leader in rabbit nutrition if they'd want to. :)

Back