Few sneezes here and there..?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bri12351

Reaction score
Hi...So I have had my rabbit for about two years and I love her so much! But lately (past 4-5 days) I have noticed her sneezing a bit..Like on Monday, she sneezed about three times in a row then on wednesday, she sneezed like twice...I have been reading about the Snuffles but , the symptoms don't really match..Her nose is ..moist I guess? Like if I swipe my fingers against her nose, my finger will feel a tiny bit damp..Her eyes look the same and her appetite is still the same...I am not sure if it is because she has been outside during the day since it is warmer now but, what should I do..? I guess my real question is..is it normal for rabbits to sneeze? Does this sound normal?

To answer your question I'd say, its not normal for them to sneeze a lot, but on the other hand, if they sneeze a lot it isn't always that serious. Sometimes they are just allergic or sensitive to something in their environment. Also, sometimes they do have a little bit of an infection going on but not one as serious as pasteurella, there are other easier to treat bacteria that can be in their nose causing snuffles symptoms are not as dangerous as Pasteurella. If you don't see any white, or yellowish discharge from the nose its highly likely it is not an infection, or pasteurella, so I would search for other reasons, like is her hay dusty etc... or could she have somehow snorted some hay up her nose...?

Latest posts

Back