Fell off my partner, odd red spot in mouth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Bull

Reaction score
So Floor here was picked up by my partner, but she decided to jump off and clattered into the cage, left-side first. Initial shock seems to have worn off, and her jaw seems fine ( no pain when we've checked her there). Eating seems ok, has taken treats, chewed a little on a willow stick, and had some hay.

But she has this red spot on her mouth which we're concerned about. Is this just swelling from where she's bonked herself, which will go down? We initially thought it was blood and panicked, but it's not flowing. Looks more like a blister? Tried to wipe it off and it didn't budge.

Pooping fine (literally did one when we were checking her on the coach), moving about fine (jumped onto her shelf happily). Just a bit worried, and hoping that your combined experience will be able to calm our worries!

Attachments

• IMG_20191229_203221.jpg
    IMG_20191229_203221.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 14
Can you send the pictures to a vet somewhere? It might just be a bruise. As long as she is eating, pooping and not uncomfortable or in pain I’d see if it heals on it’s own

Can you send the pictures to a vet somewhere? It might just be a bruise. As long as she is eating, pooping and not uncomfortable or in pain I’d see if it heals on it’s own

I'll see if I can tomorrow morning to our usual people (9pm here now unfortunately). She's eating happily, has certainly pooped right after, and appears in no pain. She's currently flopped out in the hay pile so not hiding in pain

Attachments

• 15776532510596902952936076880580.jpg
    15776532510596902952936076880580.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 11
It doesn’t seem too severe then- most likely just a bruise or blister. Just monitor her eating and droppings as that’s the most important health indication in a rabbit. Good luck!!

Might be the equivalent of a fat lip. If you checked her incisors and they're ok, and she is eating and behaving normally, I would just keep a close eye on it to make sure the swelling goes down in the next few days, and it heals. Though of course, if there are any concerns it's always best to consult with your vet.

Back