Felix the white-eared bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelby56

Reaction score

I brought my bunny Felix to get fixed today, I was just posting photos of him to see what you guys thought he might be.

He’s a mix and I always thought it was neat because he has white ears and an arrow on his forehead, and today I learned that having white ears is actually rare! And it makes sense because I can’t really find any other bunnies with the white ears either. Apparently it’s a ‘medicime cap’ ?

Anyway, what breed does he look like?

White ears is its own gene (and he looks like he has it - you can also get white ears from vienna and other genes as well). It's very uncommon in the US but some time back a pet store company imported a bunch of (mixed breed) rabbits from europe to sell as pets, which included a number of white ears. I believe some people in the US have also imported purebred white ears, but I forgot which breed (french lops, maybe)

In my country we have white eared french lop, flemish giant, lionheads and holland lops . They are soo cute, in the future I’m going to buy a white eared Flemish giant [emoji5]

Back