Feeling bad

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northerndancer

Reaction score
Just writing a post as I feel like a bad bunnymummy, had to put the rabbits into kennels today as we are going onholiday tomorrow.

The lady at the kennels is nice and knows about rabbits as she keepsthem herself, she keeps them in quite big (6 foot by 8foot)runs in her garden away from the dog boarding area(although they can still hear barking). They get shut in an insulatedbit at night.It is a lovely ruralarea but there arewild rabbits inevitably. Mine are vaccinated but I know this is not100% and I amterrified they die when I am away. Also I worrythey will knock over their water dish or something and noone willnotice, which is silly but I ccant help it.

It is our only option as myfriendsthat have rabbitslive on the other side ofthe city and I dont feel I can askthem to come over twice a day. My mother in lawcould lookafter the cat but the rabbitsin the house are a bridge toofar for her.My own family live 70 miles away.

Sorry for moaning on, its just the house is so empty without them. :tears2:

ND

Aww...I know how you feel ND. WheneverI had to leave my dogs when we went on vacation Iwouldcryfor the first couple of days.:(

Will you be able to call the lady at all just to check on how things are going? It might help make you feel better.

:)

Don't worry, i have to put my bunnies and cat inthe cattery but they always come back fine! My cat is such a baby thoand always cries for us bless him!! The people are very nice tho and myanimals are always fine when i come to get them. I always worry mywhole holiday! My brother and sister are back from uni tho so i think ican count on them now, i hope...:D

You poor dear. I'm sure they will bejust fine. I would call everyday to check on them. I think if you don'tcall, you will be to worried to enjoy your vacation. So a daily phonecall can at least ease your worries. Take a picture of them with you.That way they are still with you where ever you go.;)

Tina

Thanks for your replies..

I phoned last night. Apparently they thumped a bit when they first wentin but have now settled down. Looking forward to seeing them again soon.

ND

Back