Feeding Spinach...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenk

Reaction score
I've been told that it's okay to feed a bun calcium-rich greens, especially if s/he doesn't eat pellets. I've been feeding my girls spinach (along with other greens) each day for about two weeks' now. (They're also gettinga mix of green-leaf lettuce, mint, parsley, cilantro and dandelion--usually four of these veggies/herbs along with the spinach.)

How much spinach is "safe" to feed a bun who doesn't eat pellets?

Thanks,

Jenk

Best to feed Spinach, sparingly. Other veggies to feed are: Romaine. Parsley. Yes.:) If they don't eat pellets, it's okay to give them the high fiber veggies too.

Best of luck to you! Let us know how it goes.:)

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
I'm a little confused...do you have a question that goes with that, or ??? I'm not sure anyone will be able to help you if you don't really have a question?? but I could be wrong.....:?

Emily
Oh, yeah...Sorry 'bout that. I've edited my initial post.

I usually only give my boy a little bit every 2 week or so - not so much the calcium to be aware of, but the Oxalic acid (something like that anyway :p ) combines with calcium and can form problems (kidney/bladder sludge, kidney stones etc)

Luv-bunniz wrote:
I usually only give my boy a little bit every 2 week or so - not so much the calcium to be aware of, but the Oxalic acid (something like that anyway :p ) combines with calcium and can form problems (kidney/bladder sludge, kidney stones etc)
I already stopped feeding them spinach as of this morning, to err on the side of caution. Maybe I'll see my one girl's urine output decrease as a result of stopping the spinach. Plus, that just leaves more fresh spinach for me to add to salad. ;)

Jenk wrote:
BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
I'm a little confused...do you have a question that goes with that, or ??? I'm not sure anyone will be able to help you if you don't really have a question?? but I could be wrong.....:?

Emily
Oh, yeah...Sorry 'bout that. I've edited my initial post.

No problem! I was just a little confused.

Emily

Latest posts

Back