feeders

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samixXx

Reaction score
im just wondering if anyone uses these petfeeders for there rabbits? i know there meant for cats and dogs, butmaybe they can be used for rabbits too.
please let me know what you think.
thanks sami :bunnydance:

af3gc6.gif

aw3ro4.jpg

Bud has to have his food limited or he pigs out.I used to always fill up his bowl when I saw it getting low or emptybut he started to blimp up so I started limiting him.

I wouldn't. Fresh food and water is best, and adults usually shouldn't be getting free-fed pellets.

I'd rather use a big ceramic bowl for water. I think Lokiwould play with those automatic things and would knock it over.

if i put that in with winnie and herman, winnie would first dig ALL the food out while herman would try to go swimming

then there would be wet, food slop all over the cage and i would walkin to winnie sitting in the only clean corner looking angry at the messand herman dead flopping into the slop getting itnot only allover himself, but also all over every inch of the bunny room.

interesting concept, but my rabbits are way to devilish.

I have a similar automatic water thing but Ichange mine daily. I have it out of the cage in a 5' by 5' area thatthe rabbits have in front of their cage. I just leave the door open andthey can either be in the cage or out in that area. I have the waterthing up on a 2" high wooden platform so that they don't kick muchstuff into it. I also have two bottles and a ceramic dish of water forthem in their cage. I have five rabbits that live together so they gothrough a lot of water daily. I put the topjug thing of thewaterer in boiling water and wash it out well once a week. The bowlgets dirty quick because Lint sticks his dirty little frontpaws in it, and then grooms them, so I change it twice a day.The bowl is there more as a novelty than as an actual water source.Stevie won't drink from bottles but she loves the waterer. You have tobe really careful about bacteria getting into the jug, thats why I washmine in boiling water so often. They also should be changed daily,which defeats the pupose that most people want to buy them for.

I don't use one for food because my rabbits food amounts are controlledor else Brodie would beto fat to move. She totally lacks the'I'm full' reflex that most people get while eating.Onceeveryday thethree babes get fed more food seperately so theycan continue to grow and be healthy and their older mom and dad remaintrim and fit.

thanks for all the reply's :)
i got 3 of them and tried them last night i taught that maybe therabbits would try to turn it over but nope still exactly where i leftthem. i only used them for food. i use water bottles.
i only put in what i normally would feed them in a day and emptied out what they didn't eat.
i have a few rabbits i would never try it with though, they make such amess of there room i can imagine what they would do with it:scared:

Latest posts

Back