feed store rabbit food: not healthy??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
majorv wrote:
As some of the others have said, you don't really need anything that's 16% or more in protein.  Based on the picture in your avatar, you have a Dutch and...not sure of the other one, but Dutch are not an active breed.

Ummm my dutch is very active!!!!!

blondiesmommie wrote:
majorv wrote:
As some of the others have said, you don't really need anything that's 16% or more in protein. Based on the picture in your avatar, you have a Dutch and...not sure of the other one, but Dutch are not an active breed.

Ummm my dutch is very active!!!!!

LOL, I'm sure yours is...I just meant that the breeddoesn't have a high metabolism.

Companies like Purina, Acco, Manna Pro, ADM Alliance all have research depts and vets on staff. Theywouldn't be in business if buyers weren't happy with they'reproducts, because they didn'tmeet a rabbit's (orother animal's) nutritional needs. JBun said it well...do what works for you and your bunnies...what you and they are happy with.

The bottom line is what many who have commented before me have said, you need to do what works for you and your bunny! The most important part of a bunny's diet is and needs to be hay...pellets of ANY kind are secondary! I don't know ANY wild bunnies who eat pellets! From my experience, it is better to feed a so called "cheap" pelleted grain from a feedstore than a mixed feed (like sold in pet stores) as most bunnies will pick out what the like and leave what they don't...thus not getting as balanced diet as they should. Just remember lots of hay...green leafy vegies and pellets (whatever works for you) and your bunny will do just fine!

Latest posts

Back