Febreeze Noticables; are they too strong?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntloser

Reaction score
Hi,

I put one of these in the buns room then wondered if it could cause a problem.

Febreze_NOTICEables-resized200.jpg

Thanks in Advance

Personally, I would avoid using any chemicals or air fresheners in an area where the bunnies are.I've even had vets advise not using scented cleaners in your house because rabbits are sensitive to them. The only thing I use on my bunnies stuff is dish soap, some times a little bleach, and vinegar.

I'm not sure if you are familiar with the storybut there was an incident where an owner sprayed her dog's pet bed with Febreze and the dog ended up dying from it.

Anyways, that's just my take on it.

Edit: I'm not sure if there was any follow up about the dog case, so I am just stating what I remember from the newspaper article which was a while ago, so there may be more to it than was presently known at the time.

Those things are very dangerous also. I read recently that they cause more house fires than anything else as they get very hot.. (This was from a Fire Department Chief). I use to use them to and once I read that I got rid of all of them.

Susan:twocents
apimac_holiday_007.gif

I hate air fresheners! They bring on my hayfever quicker than flowers do , ick. I normally open a window if the room smells funky.

NZminilops wrote:
I hate air fresheners! They bring on my hayfever quicker than flowers do , ick. I normally open a window if the room smells funky.
Yeeeah, but if the temp outiside is like 10F, that can really bring up your heat bill! I think an air freshener in the bunny room is probably not the best idea, have you tried misting vinegar in there? UNless you dislike the smell of that, too. Iam so used to it from using it on my rabbits for teh last three years, I hardly even smell it any more.

Latest posts

Back