Fayes dad needs some coaching

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_peter_kraz

Reaction score
I like all the ones that have gone before me an starting to think more and more about Faye's spaying.

The day is getting closer and I just cant help feeling ill prepared forMonday Feb 14th. Faye goes in at 8:00 and at the earliestpicked up at 2:30. I just can help think that I'm sendingFaye to her demise. She 1 pound over weight and I think ifthat effects anything. On top of that I think should I have ablood test done before hand( which is around 100 dollars).

I know its the right thing to do I just hope she has nocomplications. I've been putting this off since she was oneyear old when she should have been spayed. Now shes 3 in may.If anyone thats gone through a spaying( which most of you probablyhave) it would just be nice to hear your thoughts.

Peter:?

heres a picture of the bun

You are giving her a wonderful thing for Valentine's Day! She's going to have a better chance at a long long life :)

You'll do fine. Just remember that special treat for when she gets home :)

Lookit the little ripper!! Wow is she having fun under there!!

Good luck--haven't been through it, but know how you feel being nervousabout your little one. Here's hoping for the best possible!!:D

Rose

I had to put off my spaying and neutering for acouple of months because I had a period a month or so ago with tons ofvet bills. During that time, Basil, my mini rexhadto have a blockage removed. Silly bun ate some carpet inrebellion because I was out of town. I was a nervouswreck...it was an emergency procedure, but she did fine. Theworst part was keeping her from eating her stitches. I slepton the floor with her for a couple of days and worked from home as muchas possible and took her with me the rest of the time (I have welltraveled buns, so they don't stress anymore) then the incision lookedgood, so I relaxed and just watched her most of the day and checked hera couple of times during the night. My mom watched her a lotbecause she works nights and I work days. Basil also had tohave medicine which was absolutely horrible. I put her in abunny burrito and squirted it in her mouth. She took a whileto forgive me for it, but now she is happy again, although her hollandlop counter part, Daisy, is still mad because she came back. LOL

Try to have confidence in your vet, as long as he/she is rabbit savvy,there should be minimum problems. I've heard mixed thingsabout fasting rabbits before surgery. (I didn't have achoice, Basil stopped eating and pooping.) Ask your vet,really question that one...some people say rabbits should never befasted and some say it is ok...make sure you ask. Make sureyou understand the post-op instructions. These are reallyimportant. And try to relax. Animals can sense yournervousness, and you don't want to upset her. Tell her shewill be fine and give her lots of love when she is.

Good Luck!!

Jen

Hey,
Your doing a good thing for her!She'll live alot longer w/o lots ofhealth problems that would be caused by not spaying her at all...LastJan. I had one of my past rabbits spayed and she was about 3-4 yearsold. She came through perfectly fine, just make sure she eats a lil hayand drinks water and she should make it through ok afterwards! Justmake sure you have an experienced vet and all that and everythingshould be ok with your bunny!:)Better late then never right?

Hope all goes well!
Michelle

hello my friend,

things will be ok i promise it will take a while to get yourlittle girl back to normal but in the end youll be that much happier,that you got it out of the way. i know that with all of your love andyour support faye will be just fine. go get her some of her favoritetreats and some greens, lyla didnt eat for that much for about fourdays kinda scary!

talk to ya soon pete

sara

Bo B Bunny wrote:
You are giving her a wonderful thing for Valentine'sDay! She's going to have a better chance at a long long life:)

You'll do fine. Just remember that special treat for when she gets home :)
Thats right your very funny, you make me laugh. I just knowhow to please awoman

Latest posts

Back