Favourite Bands/Artists?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spring

Reaction score
Hey there! :D I'm not sure if there's another thread like this.. but decided to put one out there mainly because I'm always looking for new bands/artists to check out.

My taste in bands varies, a few I've kept as favourites for a long time, but my favourite songs flip flop around. For most stuff out there, I get tired of it easily.. so always looking for new artists!

Currently, my main two favourite bands are John Butler Trio and Brand New. I've always loved Nirvana, Fleetwood Mac, Sarah McLachlan and Creeds older stuff. I like mostly rock, but I'm open to anything except sugary sweet bubble gum pop that's total fluff lyrically..

:p

Umm Jacks Mannequin, Jen got to see them live! Lucky bum :) I'm loving midnight youths new album, Evermore, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Scouting For Girls, Coldplay, Tiki Taane but not his new stuff, 30H!3 the videoclip of don't trust me cracks me up. I'm going through a complete mind blank at the moment so will add more when my brain remembers lol.

Wellllll this could get pretty long, but I'll try and keep it short.

Josh Kelley. The man is brilliant and I love his style and voice. He is so not everyone's cup of tea though. But I like it. Listen to "Hey Katie", "Masterpiece", and "Unfair". His whole Special Company album is just amazing.

A Fine Frenzy. I just love her. Also not everyone's cup of tea, LOL. Check out "Think of You", "Almost Lover", and "The Minnow and the Trout".

Lady Antebellum. Now they are a different spin from the other two, it's actually Country, but it's not HEE HAW RIDE EM COWBOY Country. It's more of a anybody could actually stand to listen to this Country, LMAO. My favs are "Love Don't Live Here Anymore", "Slow Down Sister" and "I Run To You".

Okay and I can't not love Carrie Underwood. I know, Country, but I just love everything she does. LMAO! I also love Plain White T's, Snow Patrol ("You Could Be Happy" and "Chasing Cars" are my two favs), OneRepublic, Lyfe Jennings, Keyshia Cole, Ron Pope, Brandi Carlisle, Ingrid Michaelson, John McLaughlin, Sarah McLachlan, um...

A lot of people. LMAO

This could be a long list...
I'm currently listening to Ben Folds Five
I have a thing for No Doubt
I like Billie Holiday a lot!

I'll link you to the other thread (back in the fall) about this...

Oh wow...
Lately,
Vampire Weekend, The Click Five (I know, lame), Rolling Stones (always a favorite), Hellogoodbye, Okgo, Plain White T's, Silbermond, Wir Sind Helden, Mika, Jason Mraz
etc.

I love Coldplay and The Killers, although I alsolove Girls Aloud and Take That for my more cheesy music needs!:biggrin2: (I just saw GA on Tues night actually - 3 rows from the front babeyy!!;))

Spring wrote:
Hey there! :D I'm not sure if there's another thread like this.. but decided to put one out there mainly because I'm always looking for new bands/artists to check out.

My taste in bands varies, a few I've kept as favourites for a long time, but my favourite songs flip flop around. For most stuff out there, I get tired of it easily.. so always looking for new artists!

Currently, my main two favourite bands are John Butler Trio and Brand New. I've always loved Nirvana, Fleetwood Mac, Sarah McLachlan and Creeds older stuff. I like mostly rock, but I'm open to anything except sugary sweet bubble gum pop that's total fluff lyrically..

:p
Peaches and Cream is my favorite John Butler Trio song <3<3

My Zune has about 100 different artists on it, but I mostly listen to Tori Amos and Chris Isaak. Chris Isaak is just plain fun, and Tori Amos' songs touch me at an emotional level that no other musician can do.

Tori Amos' Silent All These Years will always be my favorite song.

Are you into rave/dance/clubland music? It's mostly what I listen to, along with a small amount of other kinds of music like Britney Spears and Beyonce, ya I don't really like what people would call ''decent'' music. Usually stuff with a guitar in it I hate.

I have a HUGE taste in music. One day you might find me listening to Vivaldi, and the next it might be Ozzy or KISS or Guns N Roses! :biggrin2:I love country music also but it's always certain singers or bands or artists...... never flat love any genre.

There is a local artist here who is very bluesy folkand rockish as well sometimes.... she's a voice artist for many commercials - and people in the surrounding states might know her as the Meijer woman voice, as well as many others.

She's gaining national attention and I really enjoy her style. Her CD TaDa is my favorite.....

Here is her website. http://www.jenniedevoe.com/

The song AWAY is my favorite and you can listen to it here:

http://www.ilike.com/artist/Jennie+DeVoe

PepnFluff wrote:
Umm Jacks Mannequin, Jen got to see them live! Lucky bum :)
Yeah I am! They were AWESOME! :biggrin2: (and Andrew McMahon is even more attractive in the flesh, and I really didn't think that was possible!)

Aside from Jack's Mannequin I also love Snow Patrol (seen them live several times), Arcade Fire (taps fingers impatiently for a third album), Something Corporate, Firescape, Kings of Leon, Biffy Clyro, Coldplay, Editors, Interpol, Incubus (not so much their recent stuff but albums like Science, Make Yourself and Morning view are amazing!), Jimmy Eat World, I'll always be a big Metallica fan, Maximo Park, A Perfect Circle, Pink Floyd, REM, and more recently me and Steve have really got into a band called Red Light Company, and Steve took me on a surprise date to see them live in March, they were great! :D

It's a very long list and most if not all of the bands are guitar-y music lol but that's the way I like it. I really don't like dance, or anything like that too much...

Cold play.
my fav songs
viva la vida- im doing singing and keybored in school
violet hill- same as above.
lovers in japan..
yes..
and sígour rós
hoppilpoli and sáeloupur

Kings Of Leon and The Killers! And SnowPatrol!How on earth did I like forget them! I feel ashamed! But KOL 17, Notion, Crawl! My absolute favourites! Jen you've seen Snow Patrol to! I'm so jealous! Me thinks I need to come back to england to see all these bands :D

I like anything really. I go through phases.

At the moment I'm addicted to Jack Penate. Has anyone heard him? Check out 'Torn on the Platform'.

A few of my favourite bands are The Clash, Scissor Sisters, Bon Jovi, Bryan Adams, Pulp, Blur, Belle and Sebastian.

PepnFluff wrote:
Kings Of Leon and The Killers! And SnowPatrol!How on earth did I like forget them! I feel ashamed! But KOL 17, Notion, Crawl! My absolute favourites! Jen you've seen Snow Patrol to! I'm so jealous! Me thinks I need to come back to england to see all these bands :D
I've seen Snow Patrol 3 times live now, each time they were more great than the last! Have you got their new album? They played my favourite songs from it when we saw them in March- Crack The Shutters, The Golden Floor and Lightning Strike (the big 3-part one at the end. A-MAY-ZING! :biggrin2:

Did you ever see this? From the Jack's Mannequin gig in London in March:

I think my favourite Kings of Leon song is 'My Party'. I love it! Apparently Caleb wrote it because he was joking that he'd love Rachel Bilson to be at his birthday party, and they ended up going somewhere and just randomly, she was there! I do love Manhattan from the new album as well... Oooh and Charmer!

I like Jack Penate too! Although I prefer the first album to his newer stuff. Torn on the Platform is awesome!

As for Taylor Swift, I actually quite liked her first song 'Love Story' even though it's not really my thing. I've only heard one other song though- I don't think she's as big over here as over there?

mouse_chalk wrote:
I like Jack Penate too! Although I prefer the first album to his newer stuff. Torn on the Platform is awesome!

Which album? I've been listening to Matinee a lot at the mo (Spotify FTW!) I like his songs because they are poppy and fun without being irritating getting on your nerves type pop (as much as I love them, I'm thinking Scouting for Girls here).

Back