Favorite Halloween Movies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimD

Reaction score
I was wondering what everybody's favorite Halloween movies are.

I love all the old scary black & white B-flicks, and usually have them playingallnight longon Halloween.

Nightmare Before Christmas, Hocus Pocus, Monster House and The Great Pumpkinare a few of the others I like.

~Jim

I dont like anything bloody, scary, violent or slashy - though I love "big monster" movies, Psyco and ... maybe thats it.

I can watch war movies, so it isn't the blood and violence that bothers me, but in some ways - the context in which it is shared.

A few years ago I was at my parents house for Halloween and they rented 3 of the Halloween movies - I dont remember which, Halloween, Halloween II and H2O?

Anyhow, one part really really bothered me - I think its the small acts of violence that can mimic real life that bother me the most. Otherwise, I dont see senseless violence and gore as entertaining.

I dont mean to be a spoil sport and I dont care what others enjoy, it's just a personal quirk of mine.

I like the Charlie Brown one... :biggrin2:

tundrakatiebean wrote:
I'm a big zombie movie person and serial killers...

I'm HUGE on true crime books, though I have yet to ever rent a movie based on any of them.

Leaf wrote:
tundrakatiebean wrote:
I'm a big zombie movie person and serial killers...

I'm HUGE on true crime books, though I have yet to ever rent a movie based on any of them.

They usually have HUGE inaccuracies in them :pbut you would only notice if you actually knew anything about the real deal. The Zodiac one was actually pretty good.

I woudn't be suprised about that at all.

Ann Rule is one of my favorites and The Stranger Beside me is really interesting as one of her works, considering she was friends with Ted Bundy, in real life.

I have to admit to loving Hocus Pocus!:embarrassed:

I'm going to a Halloween party this year though where I have to dress as someone really scary (eg. No witches, vampires etc:p) and I have no idea what to go as! It looks like I'm going to have to start watching some real horror films for ideasme thinks.:biggrin2:

Evil Dead and Evil Dead III (Army of Darkness)

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken (though I haven't seen it in many years!)

Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein

Young Frankenstein

Arachnophobia

The Others

The Blair Witch Project

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

28 Days Later

Pet Sematary

The Thing
(both versions)

The Fly (original version)

The Mothman Prophecies

War of the Worlds
(both versions)

Dragonfly

Alien
(and Aliens)

The Changeling

The Shining

Shaun of the Dead

Rosemary's Baby

and many more that I'm forgetting....:biggrin2:

Bassetluv wrote:
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken (though I haven't seen it in many years!)

Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein

Young Frankenstein

The Thing
(both versions)

The Fly (original version)

War of the Worlds
(both versions)

All on my list, too!!!:biggrin2:

All the Halloweens, i have almost all of them and they are all great

Hocus Pocus

Scream 1 & 3

these arent exactly halloween movies but i love the horror movies

-Dawn of the Dead (with Ving rhames, and Mekhi Phifer) MY FAVORITE MOVIE!!!!!!!!

-Resident Evil -all of them

I have to watch the great pumpkin, so much that since i usually missed it on tv i now own in on dvd, and my other movie is carrie.

Definitely the Nightmare Before Christmas, that was great. :)

I'll second the votes for Arachnophobia, Alien(s), the Changeling and Carrie for sure. (Carrie was my fav for ages).

The one that stands the test of time, though is probably the Haunting of Hill House... which was either renamed or remade into just The Haunting? Not sure, I'll have to check. :) So scary!

I'm sure there's more. (10 Little Indians just jumped to mind).

sas :scared:

oh. . . i love watching movies, and scary movies are awesome!

give me some old vincent price movies anyday. . .

i am yet to watch all of "it". . . i don't like clowns, so it is very hard for me to watch (maybe i will try that again this year)

nightmare before christmas is a must! i love it! i own the soundtrack and everything!

rosemary's baby was the first classic scary movie i watched as a kid. . .

the ring. . . that gets me

i am a suspense person. . . gore doesn't get to me at all. . . but i jump at the slightest things during movies. . . it is funny to watch

the blair witch project. . . ohh. . .

i need to start planning my halloween (halloween is like my favorite holiday, so i go all out for the week before. . . then i celebrate the samhian- the wiccan new year- on it's original date of november 1st *okay, well, i start at 12 am the 31st)

gosh, i love fall

I don't do scary...I can't.

So the closest I can come to y'all is....

The Ghost & Mrs. Muir from 1947 w/ Gene Tierney and Rex Harrison

The Ghost & Mr. Chicken with Don Knotts (1966)

and

Portrait of Jenny from 1949 - with Joseph Cotton...

Oh well....I couldn't even bring myself to watch all of Night of the Lepus...

TinysMom wrote:
The Ghost & Mrs. Muir from 1947 w/ Gene Tierney and Rex Harrison

"The Ghost & Mrs. Muir".....One of my favorites....just watched it the other day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pipp wrote:
The one that stands the test of time, though is probably the Haunting of Hill House... which was either renamed or remade into just The Haunting? Not sure, I'll have to check. :) So scary!

I'm sure there's more. (10 Little Indians just jumped to mind).

sas :scared:

I'd forgotten about Ten Little Indians....good flick!!!

And Haunting of Hill House is still one that creeps me out. I like the remake, The Haunting, but the original is better IMO.

Same with House on Haunted Hill. I like the remake, but the original still spooks the poop out of me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night I watched Van Helsing.

I think Curse of the Were-Rabbit is one on my list, too.

Latest posts

Back