Favorite breeds?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holland lops are my favorite :D I have four Hollands and in my opinion they are the cutest and friendliest out there :) I also lovee Lionheads and Netherland Dwarfs :)

I have a jersey wooly as well as a mini rex. My favorite out of them is EASILY the Mini Rex. The jersey wooly is so inactive and so hard to maintain the coat. Also she HATES to be held and will not let me pet her much. She is just not a friendly rabbit at all. She does not bite though.

My Mini Rex is the best thing out there. She is active and smart. She does bunny 500's and binkies at the same time. At the conclusion of her 500's she runs and jumps on my bed and asks for attention and lets me pet her and hold her. She is also learning how to come when called. I was a breeder of Mini Rex and Californians for 4 years. I still LOVE the Mini Rex and will always own one as long as I own rabbits. I HATE the californians. They are just evil bunnies especially the females. It does not matter how much you handle them and get them used to you. They are just evil. I had one that just about amputated my finger when I was trying to get him out of his cage at a show.

I think Dutch rabbits are gorgeous but I completely LOVE English lops and Flemish Giants.
I have a Holland lop and they're pretty adorable, but I'm probably going to end up with a huge bun if I get any more.

Wooly Hopper wrote:
Oooo How do I list them all?

Actually the ones I've been exposed to are..
Dutch (love how sweet and snuggly they can be)
Minirex (love how smart those little buggers are!)
French Angoras (love how laid back and 'chilled' they are. Push, they are so FLUFFY!)
English Lops- (It's the ears and that regal aristacratic expresion. Plus they are total sweet hearts)

and of course, Jersey Woolys! Hyper little buggers but always looking for affection, before something else catches their attention and the hop off for something more fun.

This just made me laugh because Lauren was saying how her Jersey Wooly is such a nasty rabbit and how she is so inactive!! :biggrin2:

It is hard to compare breeds because so many traits vary from rabbit to rabbit.....instead of breed to breed...

BUT one thing I have noticed to be true is the intelligence of mini Rex. Seriously, no joke :) I love my Agnes the Lionhead, my fave breed, but Archie's intelligence shines through. It's the one constant breed trait I seem to hear.....They really are smart little characters......

I like the minis.

I also think that mini rabbits are the perfect size for cuddling .

If my rabbit is small , anything and everything that I can provide shelter wise is GRAND( comparatively).

I have had mini lops, fuzzy lops and Holland lops and a DutchXlop..yes I have a thing for lops! We currently have 4 Holland lops....I am biased, prejudice and completely in love with Hollands and I will never own anything else again! In my experience (and my opinion) Hollands are sweet, friendly, cuddly and pure joy! Yes, that applies to bunnies in general! Bunnies rock!!!

I couldn't really say since I've only ever had Harvey, a netherland dwarf. But he's a great rabbit. Love how sweet he can be and hyper active haha. He's smart and silly.
My sisters had lops, I wasn't a big fan of them. They were nice enough but rather inactive. I don't know if I saw a whole lot of personality in their rabbits. Supposedly my younger sister's lop was a bit of a terror haha. Growled a lot at my mom and my sister. She never growled at me tho.

I do like french lops because they are big and sassy. And Flemish are nice too. And the Californians that I've come into contact with. I guess I like the bigger rabbits, even tho I ended up with a small rabbit who is pretty awesome.

Siamese satins

Dutch

Flemish Giants

French lops:) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Back