Favorite breeds?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daisyandoliver

Reaction score
Pretty sure this topic has been made before... but does everyone here have a favorite breed just curious. I just realize that I have a soft spot for Mini Rex's but I am thinking that's because my first bun (Oliver) is a Mini Rex and he is my baby. :) Even though Netherland Dwarfs are quite cute and I have two of them.. If there was another Mini Rex before I found my dwarfs I would've had them in a heartbeat lol. :)

I have little or no experience with most breeds... but I've gotta say, I don't regret at all my decision to get one holland and one lionhead :D

Lionheads are my fave

Mini Rex and holland lops are as well.

I also love American fuzzy lops too :)

My favorite breed is rescued :)

Honestly I love how every bun I have had is so different yet wonderful in their own way. Since I don't have repeats I'm not sure what is breed vs individual characteristics. I am partial to mini lops, but Becky is my baby.

The moment I saw a Flemish Giant I was entranced. It's a strange thing because by my taste I'd usually prefer Lops, preferably a Holland or French. But the Giant seemed more like my kind of pet in actuality, and I love being Conan the Bunbarians friend and caretaker.

French lops! I love big, fat, fluffy, scrunchy rabbits. :biggrin2:

When I got Sapphire from out of state (she came to me), I was told she was french lop. She isn't though. I knew when I finally saw her in person that she's way too small to be a french lop.

I got a french lop from a rescue and, at the time, I didn't care for lops at all. But he happened to get along with a doe I had. He won us over big time!

I obviously am partial to Mini Rexes, mainly because I have 4. I've owned other breeds but they are just the best bunnies EVER! All mine are cuddlebugs. But Lionheads are a close second. Carrots is little miss spazzy and when I go see her she's like "Omg mom hihihihi omg omg hi take me out omg" and usually knocks over something and runs around in circles lol. If I were to get another, I love Brits, Polish, and Dutch.

I love mini lops and lionlops :) If i was to get another it would be a french lop! But i like Conti's and english lops too, but i don't think i could have an english lop, i'd be scared that they'd tear their ear!! :)

Junie is our only pure bred bunny. Crispin and Nibbles are mixes. Crispin is an English Spot dwarf and he's super friendly. Nibbles seems to be a Dutch mix of some sort. I think if I were going to get another pure bred bunny, I'd love to have another Dutch!

My favorite breed is Mini Rex. I breed them for 4 years and still love them. That is the ultimate test. I also like polish. I am not a fan of the lops though. I will most likely always own a mini rex as long as I own rabbits.

I've only owned two rabbits so far, and I love them both equally but I never knew a rabbit could be so silly and friendly before I got CoCoa (otter mini rex) sooo I would have to say mini rex is my favorite breed right now. I hear a lot of good things about them too. :)

I like Tans but they aren't cuddly. I do like my Polish because they are laid back and small. However, some day I'd like to have another Himalayan just because I love their looks!I had one Himmie that was very sweet and I got attached to her becauseshe had healthissues...it was tough when she died.

Oooo How do I list them all?

Actually the ones I've been exposed to are..
Dutch (love how sweet and snuggly they can be)
Minirex (love how smart those little buggers are!)
French Angoras (love how laid back and 'chilled' they are. Push, they are so FLUFFY!)
English Lops- (It's the ears and that regal aristacratic expresion. Plus they are total sweet hearts)

and of course, Jersey Woolys! Hyper little buggers but always looking for affection, before something else catches their attention and the hop off for something more fun.

I love German rabbits. The giants and the lops. Love the noses and big blocky build. But My frenchie is such a sweetie and I think that is such a norm for frenchies. Hard to choose.

Both of the rabbits I've had were Mini-Rex, so I'm kind of prejudiced. I love their personalities and intelligence, and of course there's the rex fur...

I love lionheads, holland lops, dwarf bunnies :) I also think American Fuzzy lops are soo cute! :)

Latest posts

Back