Fall Health Warnings

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
Here's a note from Pam Nock...

pamnock wrote:
We've had a few cases of stasis recently as well as some pasty droppings. Most certainly there is a rise in seasonal stasis right now.

Best thing to do is keep rabbits from getting stressed. Overweight rabbits are most prone to stasis, so a proper diet and proper weight are important. Also avoid temperature extremes. Some individuals may be more prone than others, but our3 recent cases were in rabbits that had never hadstasis before.

Yes - molt can be a stress on the system, resulting in a compromised immune system and that can lead to stasis.

Pam

I had no idea there was a seasonal issue with stasis like this.

bo has never had bloat/stasis other than the time I brought him home and didn't know to feed him hay....... :tears2:His tummy got a little upset but he came right around. Thank GOD for the internet!!!

Poor thing - he's molting, the weather has changed and my husband thinks that 65° is fine during the day - he's used to 70 and above since the weather shifted so quickly it's hard on us all I think.

Add in Heidi, me thinking it was a great time to try to bond him and Clover, and our hours changing for school being back in session...... oh yeah..... it's been different all the way around!!!

Latest posts

Back