Faith is getting spayed tomorrow

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ape337

April
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
Just wanted to ask for some prayers for little Faith. She's getting spayed tomorrow and I'm a tad nervous bc Trillian died about 3 weeks ago tomorrow during her spay surgery. I know each bunny is different but a few bits of prayer and "faith" couldn't hurt, right?
Thanks for listening,
April :nerves1

Thinking of Faith. Hoping for a quick easy surgery and home before you know it to a quick recovery.

K :)

Thanks everybody. We dropped her off about an hour ago. She seemed to take the travel in stride, checking out her carrier, and didn't have any pee accidents. While in the waiting room she was looking around and poked her head out of the top door when we opened it! No fear in this girl! She even demanded my hubby "groom" her head in the waiting room! XD!
They said because of Trillian they will use isoflourane instead of servoflourane anasthesia? In case Trillian had a reaction they didn't want Faith to react also. So we will wait and see. We can call after 3 so I will be happy to not receive any telephone calls this time.
:pray:

She made it!!!! We are going to get her at 5:30!! I'm so happy! Hopefully after a decent interval we can bond her and Humma. Now it's time for some R&R for Faith. Thanks so much everybody for all your prayers!
:hugsquish::big kiss::heartbeat::inlove::party0002:

:yahoo:

So glad Faith is home and everything went well.

Hoping she had a quiet night and will recover from her surgery quickly.

Just think, in a few days, it will only be a memory for Faith. And she will be back to her ole self in no time. Good for you. Good for her.

Thanks Alma and Karen :biggrin2:
She had a good night and day today. She's eating her hay and pellets, and drinking lots of water. I've never been so happy to see poop and pee in my life! She is ticked that she's confined to a 24"x48" space, but I know it's for her own good. Even if she doesn't.

The meds are a different story.....
I was hoping she would gobble it off the syringe like her bene bac, but nope. I tried to hold her still(keeping her on the floor) but she pulls back in a flash! I don't blame her, that medcam stinks!

So when hubby gets home we will try the towel thing. I need a second pair of hands bc I'm terrified of ripping her incision picking her up. She has been glued? No stiches?

It's funny bc I had no problem wrestling a 100lb. Rottweiler to give eye meds but I have trouble handling a 5 lb. rabbit. Then again, my rotti wouldn't bite me either....:expressionless

My boys were glued too. Worked out perfectly. And they actually left the area alone.

Sorry to hear she doesn't like the pain med. I guess I was really lucky with my boys. They liked the taste and I had no problem administering.

Hoping you and hubby had no problems and the team work with the towel worked out for you.

Is the metacam not honey flavored? My kids just gobble it up because it is sweet. I think there is a plain version as well though that is not as bunny yummy.

Back