eyes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heth

Reaction score
Is it normal for rabbits to have wet eyes? Or do i need to take her to the vet?

Is it justthe eyes ? or is thenose runny , is she sneezing ,wheezing , making odd noises ? , Err onthe side of caution , I wouldvet her if it isnt cleared bytomorrow .

It's only one of her eyes and she doesn't seemto be sneezing or any abnormal behavior. She usually lays on the bedwith me and today I picked her up, she must have gained like 50 lbs. Ithink once her spay, we're going to go to limited feed. I think she'saround 4-5 months now! ;)

That's a good sign, something may be in it orirritated it....if it gets worse or goes to the other side i'd take herin to the vet......i would ration her now, it's one pound of bunny perounce of feed.....this isn't entirely true with my rabbits, i have tofeed them more to keep the weight on.

Ellie

It could just be a hair or something in her eyeand she's trying to expel it with excess liquids. Try calling your vet.It could be something more serious and it's not a good idea to wait toolong since infections can progress quickly. Hopefully it's nothing, butyou can never be too careful.

She seems fine now and it's kind of gone, maybeI poked her in the eye and freaked out? I don't know, I'll check it inthe morning. I have to call the vet tomorrow to find out when she canget spayed. I'm curious to know how much she weighs. hmm.

If you have a human scale, weigh yourself withand without the bun and then subtract those numbers......it's mostlikely nothing, when we poke our selves in the eyes it'll water for awhile and then go away, or if we have something in our eye.

Ellie

If you have a small scale (for food and stuff)you can do what I do. I put a dinner plate on the scale and zero it,then gently place my buns on the plate. You get an estimate, but it'sfairly accurate. Only really works if you have a small scale and smallrabbit, though.

Latest posts

Back