Eyelid growth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Offspring2099

Reaction score
Hello,

Molly, our Neitherland Dwarf has something on he eyelid.There are two pimple looking things. One appeared there a fewmonths ago, and another a few weeks ago.

In the picture you can see that the stuff from the pimple (pus?) ishalf way out. I genetly pulled back the eyelid and swipedloose the pus, but the pimple is still there.

Anybody know what this is? Should we see the vet?

Thank you,
Dmitriy

test2.jpg

test1.jpg

It just appears to be a sty. I wouldhave the vet take a look - he may recommend antibiotic eyeointment. It may cause abrasion to the cornea, so does needto be treated.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Itjust appears to be a sty. I would have the vet take a look -he may recommend antibiotic eye ointment. It may causeabrasion to the cornea, so does need to be treated.

Pam
Into cornea???????? I'm making apt right now.

Thanks everyone.

p.s. Pipp, it looks just like the one's in the pics from you link.

We went to the vet on sat. The doc said, itspretty much not a big deal, cats and dog get it all the time.And that they can go away on their own. He checked and madesure that it is not causing any scratching of the eye, and itwasn't. He told me to watch it, and make sure it is notgetting bigger and look for infection.

He also mentioned that there are two arguements in treatment. Someargue that it is best to try to sqeeze out the pus and others say justto leave it.

Latest posts

Back