Eye of a rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzlightyear

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new to owning a rabbit . Should I be worried about his eye?? To me, they look weird in a bad way

Attachments

• D6C8C27F-1167-4A4C-A4AA-FEAC75B6A720.png
    D6C8C27F-1167-4A4C-A4AA-FEAC75B6A720.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 1
Weird how? I'm not noticing anything, but if you could post a clearer close up photo, that may help. Also a better description of what seems wrong to you.

+1, from this picture nothing seems wrong to me

Also, I'm hoping it's not carrot the only thing you are feeding him.
Hay + Water. That's what they need. :)

Weird how? I'm not noticing anything, but if you could post a clearer close up photo, that may help. Also a better description of what seems wrong to you.
To me, it looks like their hair missing around the eye

I don't see fur missing. If you mean the lighter colored fur around the eye, that's a normal trait in rex rabbits with that kind of coloring. I believe your rabbits color is called castor, though I'm no expert. I'm going to move this to the 'Rabbitry and Showroom' subforum, so that someone with more experience with breeds and colors will hopefully see this and comment on your rabbits coloring and why it causes lighter fur around the eyes, under the chin, etc. I think it has something to do with the fur having bands of coloring in it.

I don't see fur missing. If you mean the lighter colored fur around the eye, that's a normal trait in rex rabbits with that kind of coloring. I believe your rabbits color is called castor, though I'm no expert. I'm going to move this to the 'Rabbitry and Showroom' subforum, so that someone with more experience with breeds and colors will hopefully see this and comment on your rabbits coloring and why it causes lighter fur around the eyes, under the chin, etc. I think it has something to do with the fur having bands of coloring in it.
Okay, thank you so much

Okay, I just got home but I want to double-check to make sure I don't have anything worry about.

Attachments

• B6145548-1F25-44F6-B414-0CC25DF11FAC.png
    B6145548-1F25-44F6-B414-0CC25DF11FAC.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Looks normal to me. The protruding third eyelid can happen sometimes when a rabbit is scrunched down like that to groom. As long as it isn't happening consistently when your rabbit is sitting upright too, then as far as I can tell there isn't an issue. But if you're ever concerned about a health issue with your rabbit or think there's something wrong, it's always best to have your rabbit checked by a knowledgeable rabbit vet.

https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

Latest posts

Back