eye infection???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello - my holland lop, Bailey, is currently being treated with penicillin injections for her syphilis. We started off with daily injections, and moved to weekly injections of a higher dose. She has 2 injections left. This morning, I noticed her bad eye was crusty and red. She had surgery when she was at the rescue in January to correct an entropion and it left her with a scarred/cloudy eye but she does well with it. If this is pink eye or another eye infection, will the penicillin injections help with that? or do I need to make her another appointment for eye specific antibiotics? I wiped the area with a wet rag and was planning on seeing if it worsens throughout the next few days or so.

Hello - my holland lop, Bailey, is currently being treated with penicillin injections for her syphilis. We started off with daily injections, and moved to weekly injections of a higher dose. She has 2 injections left. This morning, I noticed her bad eye was crusty and red. She had surgery when she was at the rescue in January to correct an entropion and it left her with a scarred/cloudy eye but she does well with it. If this is pink eye or another eye infection, will the penicillin injections help with that? or do I need to make her another appointment for eye specific antibiotics? I wiped the area with a wet rag and was planning on seeing if it worsens throughout the next few days or so.
her eye - white part is scarring from surgery!!

Attachments

• 96B93ED5-BD2D-43DA-AD80-30205DECF7BF.jpeg
    96B93ED5-BD2D-43DA-AD80-30205DECF7BF.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 6
Sorry, no one answered this. How is her eye? If it is conjunctivitis it will need to be treated with eye drops or eye cream.

Back