Eye Infection?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dublinperky

Reaction score
One of the babies has an eye that is swelling. It is pink and all swelled up. I don't know if it is conjunctivitis or something else. I will try and get pics soon.

Aly!

Most eye infections require vet help. There are several antibiotic eye drops that can help, but if it gets out of hand systemic antibiotics (oral or injected) will be needed. Best to nip this in the bud and take him to the vet. The vet will also know what's ok for such a young bunny to have.

It has actually gotten much better. I wiped of the gunk with a damp cloth and today the swelling has gone down and their was no gunk. Should I still take it to the vet? I think that it will be gone by tomorrow. Could it have been because something got in its eye?

Aly!

I guess it's possible. I guess if it still improves I wouldn't worry about it. Keep an eye on it at least, and you can always rinse the eye with sterile saline solution.

If it returns today at all go to the vet rather than continue to self treat; if it does return you wil know that it is most likely conjunctivitis

Latest posts

Back