Eye & Fur Colour I could expect?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeybunnies

Reaction score
I wonder if a breeder that knows genetics, could advise me with this one please?

If I were to breed a blue eyed white mini lop, with a brown eyed orange mini lop, what would be the likely results of the colours of the kits - both fur & eyes?

thanks, honeybunnies

I wonder if a breeder that knows genetics, could advise me with this one please?

If I were to breed a blue eyed white mini lop, with a brown eyed orange mini lop, what would be the likely results of the colours of the kits - both fur & eyes

If you breed BEW to a color other than BEW, you will get vienna-marked kits (also referred to as VMs). VMs most often have almost Dutch-like markings. Some are heavier one way or another - either heavier color with small white patches, or mostly white with small patches of color.

Usually VMs will have either one blue eye and one brown eye or two blue eyes. Occasionally, they do have two brown eyes.

Now, VM is just a coat pattern. As far as what specific colors you get depends on what recessives the BEW carries. The color on your VMs may be orange like one parent, or they may be something else. Orange is a very recessive color, so if the BEW carries something more dominant, you will see that expressed instead.

VMs are not showable but can be used in a breeding program. If you breed them back to BEW, you have a chance at more BEW white kits.

ZOMG I really really REALLY want a mini lop with different coloured eyes!!!

Back