Eye boogers?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evantaygley

Reaction score
Hello,

I am a first time rabbit owner and sort of a hypochondriac when it comes to the health of my bunny. He is a 10 month unneutered(soon to be neutered) Netherland Dwarf. I had taken him to the vet in december and she noticed he had an irritated sclera and prescribed some Cipro eye drops. The redness and sneezing went away and he seemed perky-er. However the matting on his front paws never went away and he still has occasional eye boogers. I am wondering if this is normal or if I should see the vet again.

Thank you!
Evan

If you are worried about it you could get some saline and flush his eyes, or tea. None of my rabbits really get eye boogers but if the eyes aren't irritated or weepy I'm not sure there is anything wrong.

I also have a netherland dwarf and she's fairly prone to getting eye boogers. Her eyes don't look irritated or weepy, and neither do yours, but I have been wondering about it too.

So I boiled some water and cooled it and put a few drops in his eyes and no eye boogers today, so I think we are in the clear! Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back