Extremely aggressive behavior towards me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donaldsl

Reaction score
Hey all,

So my new bun has become extremely aggressive.

I can't reach into the cage to even give him water. I have huge bites over my hands.

When he was out on floor time he tried to take a chunk out of my leg!

What can I do to calm him down? I am saving up money to get him nurtured. What else can I do for now?

Thanks!
Leigh and Pablo

Make a loud screech like noise that sometimes show bunnies they are hurting us. Also you need to show dominance toward him and that you are the alpha male. When he nips or lunges hold his head down to the ground gently which will show him you are in charge. Nutering should help but showing him now you are the dominate one and the loud screech/squeak/squeal with a stern no might help.

Thanks!

He's apparently 2 years old already! The people I got him from didn't know if he was a male or female! That is slightly scary!

I will deff try this. It was getting ridiculous, I couldn't get his food in with out him throwing it EVERYWHERE!

If you do a search of the forums with just aggression I'm sure you would find other tips to help too. If he is 2 yrs old nutering might help some but there is a chance that is just his personality. Can he get out of the cage on his own? If so do the chores of the day while he is out running around so that he isn't as tempted to attack. I got lucky and my bun just liked to chew on stuff so I would use a squirt bottle set to a mist when he'd go chew on something and that seemed to help some also.

The biggest thing I would do is do NOT move your hands away when he bites(if you have to wear gloves) because by moving away you are showing if he bites or lunges he gets his way. That and pushing his head to the ground gently will hopefully help. If he thinks his behavior is getting his way he will not stop.

He is in a big C&C cage and can get out on his own, but as soon as he sees me going towards his cage he comes after me. He'll go for my feet if I'm walking as well. It's getting to the point that I have to cover almost all of my body with bandages cause the bites are deep!

I feel like its just his personality. He was not in the best home before, neglected, dirty cage, etc. He will come cuddle on my chest, but when he is free on the floor he's a different animal!

LOL might be a combination of the not so good previous home and him trying to assert his dominance in the new house.

Back