Expressing my love!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have always been a huge fan of cats (yes i know, not a great way to start considering this is a bunny forum, but bare with me!) I decided not to have a cat when i moved in with my partner because we live in an apartment on the 4th floor, letting them out would've been a nightmare and i'm not fond on the idea of having a house cat (been there done that years ago)

Soooooo... we decided to have a rabbit. After days of researching i realised that a rabbit was definitely for me! We got Thumper and he was the best little bun ever. I can't believe how friendly he is (i was brought up thinking bunnies were all vicious!) he genuinely is like my baby. I have no plans for any children yet and to be honest i'm all for 'pets not babies' haha. The love i feel for both my rabbits must be equivalent to the love of a new mum, surely??

Can't believe how funny they are and quirky. They really do make me giggle and i could watch them for hours. My partner keeps calling me 'the mad rabbit lady' but tffffft he obviously doesn't understand. I even got another rabbit (I say it was to keep Thumper occupied but really i just wanted another)

Anyways, i'm rambling now so will stop. Just wanted to express my love and if anyone has any funny stories i'm really interested in hearing them!!

:bunnyheart

Hi and welcome to RO! :wave:

I hope Thumper and Dixie are fixed? You don't want your babies to be having babies.

This is a wonderful place to learn all about rabbits and make friends with others that are bun-centric (I prefer that to crazy!). I also have pets rather than children, I can snuggle them forever, don't have to send them to college, and no one calls the police if I put them in a cage. :p

I know just how you feel! I LOVE our bunnies and I wouldn't trade them for anything. We started with one, but like you, we've added to our family and we're up to three now (I'm campaigning for a fourth, but we'll see what hubby says...). I'm glad you're enjoying your new bunny life! This forum is a great place for bunny info and gushing over cute rabbits!

I love cats, but impulse-purchased two bunnies last summer because I wasn't ready for another kitty after my precious cat (that I'd had since she was three months old) passed away but I couldn't stand another day of living in an animal-free house and I remembered having a bunny as a kid (20 years ago) that I liked.

I LOVE my bunnies to death and I've only had them since July 21st. I'm 28 with no plans to ever have children, so my bunnies ARE my kids. they're cheaper, they don't cry or scream, they smell better, their poops are unoffensive, they don't talk back (well, not as much, lol - I do get the occasional "thump"), they'll never wreck my car, I can legally put them in a cage... the list goes on and on.

Latest posts

Back