Experiences with Continental Airlines Cargo Shipping?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellapsyd

Reaction score
outside of Chicago- for now, Illinois, USA
I know there have been a few threads on flying bunnies lately. I am moving form Chicago to Los Angeles on August 5th. I'm driving the 30 hours, in August, through desert so I chose not to have them ride with me. I did some research and it seems Continental has the best program for shipping animals cargo. I do not want to do the cargo ship, but realize I have no other options. I'm panicking about this! I was hoping anyone who has used their Pet Pass program to ship their bunnies cargo can tell me a bit about their experiences? My Chester is 5.5 and Sarafina is around 3. I have a carrier for each- it looks like a space shuttle! :
21b5ZHbG6sL._SL500_AA200_.jpg
(Hagen Pet Cargo) and they will be going to get their health clearance a few days before the flight.

I don't want to discourage you from driving with the buns. I drove from California to Florida in the summer with my two. They did fabulously. I limited my travel to 500 miles per day. If you are interested, I can provide details.

^ I'm driving it straight through, otherwise I would drive with them! Plus, I wouldn't have ample room since I am moving and need to pack everything in the car along with the passengers. I don't want to cramp the buns. They are going to have to be shipped.

something isnot being said here,??,whats the problem of driving straight through with buns in an air conditioned vehicle((even if you have to rent one))-this is what i would do,,for their sake as well as my own sanity,,sincerely james waller

^ I am looking for stories from those that have done this. I am not looking for people to try to tell me I need to change the method. I am stressed out enough with moving cross country and shipping my babies. I did not come to this decision lightly.

bellapsyd wrote:
^ I am looking for stories from those that have done this. I am not looking for people to try to tell me I need to change the method. I am stressed out enough with moving cross country and shipping my babies. I did not come to this decision lightly.
Sorry, no offense intended.

Do you have someone to either pick-up the bun , or bring them to the airport while you're gone ?

I know you've made your desicion but I have to agree with the other, plus, they wouldn't be cramped if their in their cage.

Back