Experienced rabbit owner needed for shelter NZW

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/22632211

Alicewas surrenderedto our shelterin March 2012 from a family who won her from a fair. I do believe that she was never handled nor allowed "out of cage" time in her entire life. Her experience at the shelter has not been ideal as we do not have a small animal room and she is a larger rabbit who needs more space than we have for her. We do get her out in a large x-pen when we can and she enjoys running and doing binkiesbut really needs much more time out of cage or to be free roam.

Recently she has exhibited some biting behavior that may be possessivenes of the xpen? .. maybe she needs much more time out?...whatever.. she is not doing well at the shelter and her random biting has decreased her adoptability

I do believe that she could be worked with by an experienced rabbit owner who has the time and patience to help her overcome the confusion of her life so far.

We are looking into sanctuaries, rescues etc. but I am sure that she would flourish in a home with aknowledgeable owner to work with her behavior and to give her love.

PM me if you can consider opening your heart and home to her.

Maureen

Back