Exorcist bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacklily28

Reaction score
My rabbit, Leigh Ann, sometimes does this thing where she flops down on her side and rotates her head, rubbing the top of it on the floor. Is this normal?

We call it a "rolly flop" here. :D

Brindle can sometimes end up flat on her back with all four feet in the air.

Binkie is pretty good at it, too. ("SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH BINKIE!!")

All of my bunnies do flops......kind of like a bike with a faulty kickstand....they just fall overon their sides. Or sometimes they'll do a kind of rolling/sliding flop.

~Jim

yes..peapoo does that too..she'll be standing there one minute and then she'll throw herself in her side...looks like it hurts sometimes

Mine do it all the time, especially in the summer when it's nice and warm. Quite a shock the first time you see it, though (MOM!!! something's wrong with Benjamin!!!!)

RebeccaUK wrote:
Does it look something like this???

BTW my 'flopper' is also called Benjamin
:yeahthat

~Jim

***commonsaying in our house (but kind of crude) "Who's got the shovel?"***

Yes, Thor flops onto her side when she's ready to fall into a deep sleep. She'll be awake and scratching 1 moment, than 1 moment later, I'll hear a flop, and both eyes are closed, and I'll see the nice white fur on her belly. My husband calls this "the dead rabbit".

I'venever seen my rabbit do that to that extent but I have seen her on her side with her feet to the side but still sort of upright

Hey, my names Leanne :D Lots of ways to spell it!

LOL!! Totally funny...can't wait til Bunny does it!! LOL!!

The first time I saw Bo do a DBF as a baby - I thought he was having seizures.... My daughter and I started crying. :tears2:

Aww! To be honest, it'll probably worry me, too...lol!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
The first time I saw Bo do a DBF as a baby - I thought he was having seizures.... My daughter and I started crying. :tears2:

Bo B Bunny wrote:
You know Bo was doing it on purpose.;)

Binkie did a "feet-in-the-air" flop the night that we brought her home from having surgery to remove an abcess. My wife was the first one to see her and was sure we had lost her.:scared:

Binkie is fine and back to her old self now....bit me when I tried to give her food the other morning. Good thing she's so cute :disgust:

~Jim

I owned Raph for almost six months and he'd never once done a bunny flop. His usual position was to lie on his side with his front end propped up, hind legs out beside him. I'd seen many other rabbits do flops, of course, but not Raph...I figured he probably found it too uncomfortable, or maybe too hard to maneuver because of his legs. However, one day I walked into the bedroom and found his stretched flat out on his side, eyes tightly shut, and I froze...I swear my heart stopped at that moment, because I thought for sure he was dead!

Now, Anna was here for less than two days when she began flopping all over the place. And it's really cute because she's like many of bunnies here...agouti fur with that creamy white belly...it really stands out. I've yet to get a pic of her in that position, but when I do (and once my modem is fixed) I'll post it.

I just love bunny flops....

:mrsthumper:

Latest posts

Back