Exercise pen with lockable corners

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NKS

Reaction score
Hi all,

My buns are in a Midwest crate on top of a sheet of luxury vinyl (lino). It's great, except that because the pen is so flexible, they can push the edges out to nibble on the edge of the vinyl (not good). Any recs for a pen with corners you can lock in place so the buns can't push it around? I need it to be 36" high (shorter and big Muffin can leap out; taller won't work in the space we're using). Thanks in advance for any tips!

So you have exercise pen panels that you need fixed in place so the buns can't move them right? What I've used to stabilize pen panels from being pushed out in the past, is 1x3 or 1x4 inch boards zip tied to the bottom outside or inside of the panels. Then to further stabilize either screw the end of one board into the other if the boards are cut to length(like framing the edges of the pen), if you leave a few inches at the end of the boards then those overlapping ends could be zip tied together(like lashing two sticks together), or you could add a crosspiece through the middle and secure it mid length to the board on each side (like an 'H') will also work to stabilize and prevent movement.

Temporarily duct tapping the panels to the vinyl flooring may secure it for a while, provided your buns don't try and chew the duct tape off.

So you have exercise pen panels that you need fixed in place so the buns can't move them right? What I've used to stabilize pen panels from being pushed out in the past, is 1x3 or 1x4 inch boards zip tied to the bottom outside or inside of the panels. Then to further stabilize either screw the end of one board into the other if the boards are cut to length(like framing the edges of the pen), if you leave a few inches at the end of the boards then those overlapping ends could be zip tied together(like lashing two sticks together), or you could add a crosspiece through the middle and secure it mid length to the board on each side (like an 'H') will also work to stabilize and prevent movement.

Temporarily duct tapping the panels to the vinyl flooring may secure it for a while, provided your buns don't try and chew the duct tape off.

Thank you! Great ideas

Back