Exercise Pen Cages

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ainsleysmom

Reaction score
I did a search and didn't find any posts on here about exercise pen cages. If anyone has a set up where they use one, can you post pics? I'm trying to get some ideas. I think I'm going to do an exercise pen cage for Emmett with interlocking floor mats in the bottom to give him traction and elevate him off the cold tile floor.

Oh, okay. Thanks for the help. I ordered an 8 panel (2 ft per panel), 3 ft high exercise pen today with some treats and toys and food and hay... Drs Foster and Smith's website has a Bill Me Later option if you spend $150, which I spent way more than that and I still didn't get everything I wanted. I really want to get three of the Lixit Glass Water Bottles for Birds, but it's about $75 for three of them and I just don't have it right now. I like them because the bracket that comes with it keeps it sitting upright and it doesn't leak.

This my setup, minus the cage inside now.
DSCF3067.jpg

DSCF3063-1.jpg

this is my setup. my bunny just hops in and out of the cage whenever he wants to. the flooring is carpet and he doesn't chew it while in his playpen (but when outside of it he does!)
DSC00512.jpg

This is Sparky and Scooters pen. It measures approximately 5' x 8'. I have an x-pen joined to several wire shelving units. My hubby made the wood units to place on the top to stabilize the pen because they always would push it out of shape.

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1625.jpg

slavetoabunny wrote:
This is Sparky and Scooters pen. It measures approximately 5' x 8'. I have an x-pen joined to several wire shelving units. My hubby made the wood units to place on the top to stabilize the pen because they always would push it out of shape.
Maybe that's what I'll have to do to Bayou's cage since he likes to slide if off the plastic and chew up the carpet. :grumpy:

Jessyka wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
Maybe that's what I'll have to do to Bayou's cage since he likes to slide if off the plastic and chew up the carpet. :grumpy:
They were easy to make. You just cut a 2x4 the size of the pen side and router out a groove in one end to slip onto the pen top.

We have a bun at the shelter who will chew on the playmats every chance she gets. I mean, every time we turn our heads away she will go for it. She is only on it when she is out playing though. You don't really know how the bun will react with it until you get it though. And even then they may be fine for a while and suddenly one day discover how much fun it is to chew on foam! :p

I have 2 side by side xpens for my 2 unbonded boys. One of them connects with bolt-snap locks to a bunny condo cage. I highly recommend getting a xpen that has a door and even more highly recommend that it is one that is advertised as "human walk through" door. A lot of times xpens have doors that allow the animal out but it is actually connected with a metal bar above the door, making it impossible for a person to walk through it. Sometimes it's very tricky to see whether an xpen is human walk-through-able.

kirbyultra wrote:
I highly recommend getting a xpen that has a door and even more highly recommend that it is one that is advertised as "human walk through" door. A lot of times xpens have doors that allow the animal out but it is actually connected with a metal bar above the door, making it impossible for a person to walk through it. Sometimes it's very tricky to see whether an xpen is human walk-through-able.
The pens I use every at home are all the walk-thru type. I also have 3 of the ones with the bar, but since I only use them at adoption events, it doesn't bother me. It would be very inconvient for everyday use though.

Latest posts

Back