Excessive scratching of ears and possible extra tears

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junkie2

Reaction score
Name: Rabi
Breed: Mini Lop

Conditions - Recently I have noticed she has been scratching her ears excessively. After looking in both of them, I couldn't find anything wrong (dont know what to look for really) except for earwax way down in there. I do have Peter's rabbit ear cleaner which I have used in the past with a cotton ball.

Also, I always thought getting the "crusties" out of her eyes were normal, but is it OK for them to have large tear ducts and semi tears throughout the day?

What do you rabbit savvy guys/gals think?

Here are a few pictures I took of her eyes and an ear. I dont smell anything distinctly different on her ears.
img0339nb.jpg
img0340fh.jpg
img0341f.jpg
img0342rb.jpg
img0343qd.jpg

The right eye looks a little red and irritated. Is that just the skin on the outside, what does the white part of her eye look like, is it irritated as well?
The dirt in the corner looks like it would just be sleep but its hard to tell.

Sometimes ear scratching can mean mites but the skin looks okay, she may have something brewing deep inside.

Thanks for the response. above her eyes are white (checked them after reading something online).

I've decided to make an appointment for the vet. Not taking any chances.

Latest posts

Back