Exams and school stuff

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
'Direct address to persuade a specific audience is a favourite technique of the poets in this section of the anthology. Remind yourself of either Death, Be Not Proud or Since There's No Help and one other poem of your choice, where there is a persuasive argument directed at a specific audience. Consider how effectively the poets have used language and literary techniques to advance their argument'

You what?? Looks like I'm gonna be on the Pro Plus and coffee tonight :p

Oh good grief Fran, that sounds like a headache...lol I never was any good at persuasive papers. Good luck to you and everyone else with finals this week!

I'm going to promise myself not to be on here for at least another 2 hours. I'm off to revise the healthy and safety issues associated with products and the manufacturing process. Then I get to enter the exciting world of helical gears :huh

I just had my last lesson at school EVER! :tears2: I'm so sad! It was English with my favourite teacher as well, she gave us strawberries and cream and we ended up staying twenty minutes late after school because we were all chatting not wanting to leave!

I go in tomorrow for my leavers day. I'm getting to school at 6.30 so we can begin to wreak havoc :devil Our theme is 'Armed Forces' so we're all dressing up in army costumes and having assault courses down the corridors. I'm not sure what all the muck-up day plans are but I reckon it will probably involve stealing all the chairs and putting them on the field or something. Should be fun! Then after leavers breakfast and lots of kisses and hugs we will probably all go to Spoons for a drink.

I'm looking forward to it but I'm so sad that I'm gonna be leaving school FOREVER!

Ha ha ha. That sounds so fun Fran! I can't believe you are breaking up today, we don't break up till the 22nd! I know what you mean though, I am so sad about leaving. I'll be crying buckets at our leavers' ball! :cry2

Our last official week is next week, but then the week after we can either do a week of study at home or sign up for a 9-4 study week, I signed up because it will probably be the only study I do, I just can't study at home. Then the junior cert is from the 3rd of June till the 17th of June and then Summer holidays till September! Although the years that aren't doing state exams have from the 1st of June till the end of August, I'm so jealous! Oh well, I'll have the three months holidays next year.

I have a mock science exam tomorrow - its only a mock though so :p

This week is almostover.. THANK GOODNESS! Just have to get through my stoichiometry test tomorrow (was supposed to be today, but no one was prepared.. argh) and my global issues test for Socials.. just trying to put together an interdependence essay outline, and it's ticking the hell out of me.. I hate writing socials essays! English I can whip off no problem, but just have to cram so much darn content in socials essays to get a decent mark, makes my head hurt.

Kids in my high school are doing AP and IB exams this month and NYS Regents and local tests next month.

I get to sit in on the oral presentations for the junior students today - I can't wait!

Denise

The Year 11s at my school broke up today. They were sobbing, but as soon as they left all the teachers had massive smiles on their faces! ha ha.:biggrin2: Next week will be so weird, only year 13 (my year) and the little years 9 and 10s will actually be at school. It should be good for revision purposes though, as then the teachers can fully focus on our year, as we do have the most vital exams!

I can't believe next week is my last ever proper week at school.:tears2:I don't want to leave!!

How did your last day go Fran?:)

My last day was so much fun! I'll post some pictures when someone puts them up.

Here is a summary of what we did:

We all dressed up in military/army gear. We got there pretty early and stole all the soft chairs and tables from the staff room and made it into our 'barracks' with netting and camo stuff. We filled the Sixth Form office with balloons...

We also put around loads of silly pictures with quotes (like a picture of two guys from our year that said 'You think they look normal? They've got chlamydia!' and other silly things).

One of the easiest things we did for minimum effort with ultimate impact was fill the corridors with signs saying things like 'the end is nigh' and 'the Americans won't save you now' (on the history corridor). We also wrote 09:59 on loads of bits of paper and it quickly spread around the younger years that we were gonna do something really big and scary at 9.59 which petrified them all! But we did nothing (which petrified them even more...)

We went on marches around the corridors singing 'I don't know but I've been told' and doing the whole 'sound off 1 2 sound off 3 4 sound off 1 2 3 4'.

We held a few of the Year 12's hostage and fired water guns at the Year 11's (as it was their muck-up day too and they were crap!)

We used cable tape to make outlines of people on the floor like murder scenes. When students walked past we saluted them and stuff (which scared them as well).

The best bit was when we went onto the main corridor and laid down pretending to be dead. Then when all the students came out to go to their next lessons we laid in their way so they couldn't get past and then all got up and marched off at the same time.

Then we went to the pub... just got back and everyone is going out in army gear again tonight.

I had a GCSE Maths test today....

yeaah it didn't go well :nerves1
I missed out like 3 or 4 questions that were worth 5 marks and I didn't know there were questions on the back of the booklet :pssd:

My next one is Science - I'm going to revise for this once better!!!
:ph34r2

Urgh, I am actually exhausted from these exams. I feel like I haven't stopped revising in days! This week has been so bad tho, as of tomorrow I will had over 9 hours of exams this week! I totally messed up my war lit paper, so I'm not feeling good about that. I just couldn't keep my concentration (it's 3 hours) but was still running short of time so didn't have time to fully analyse language, and form, and structure, and writer's opinions, and bring in wider reading quotations, and assess typicality.:?I think my Hamlet/Shelley paper went better though, and I have As in all my other literature modules, so hopefully I will still get an A overall!

I also had my synoptic history paper today which I think went really well - despite me only revising for it last night!:blushan:I was just too busy revising literature and memorising quotations to do any history before...

*sigh* now I have to go prepare my texts for editorial writing tomorrow. I need sleeeeepp.:(A levels are so stressful!

I have two exams tomorrow :( And one next Thursday.... then I am FREE from school FOREVER!

I'm almost finished mine now! Ten exams this week, nine down and one more to go then I have one next wednesday and that's it! I'm going to the beach this Saturday on the bus for a break!

pinksalamander wrote:
I have two exams tomorrow :( And one next Thursday.... then I am FREE from school FOREVER!
I still haven't come to terms with the fact that I am never going back to school. I was so so sad on my last day!:( Have you had your leavers' ball yet?

I feel your testing pain... we are finishing up classes here in the States... then two weeks of testing and finally graduation on June 28th (our school graduates late).

I am trying to track down kids to pick up caps & gowns for the graduation ceremony, trying to retrieve library books for the librarian and kitchen debts for our cafeteria staff... and getting next year's calendar to the agenda book folks...and I have to work all summer getting ready for September.:panic:

But, it is still the best job I have ever had and I will miss the graduating seniors - this is the first class I have had start as freshmen and now they are graduating...I have gotten to know them over the four years and they are a great bunch of kids.

So, good luck to all those taking exams and I hope you do well!

Denise

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
pinksalamander wrote:
I still haven't come to terms with the fact that I am never going back to school. I was so so sad on my last day!:( Have you had your leavers' ball yet?

Yeah I had my ball in May half term! It was so sad! I feel like I haven't really 'left' yet, although its weird to think that after my last exam (Thursday) I won't be seeing everyone until results day! Plus I'm going to Wetherspoons for a pub lunch with my tech teacher because I'm no longer a student after 19th June, which will be kinda weird!

I had two exams today, which clashed so I had to be in 2 hours of isolation in between! My first was an English wider reading paper, first question on poetry went pretty well, not the best thing but I got some decent points down, second question on my novel 'Surfacing' was rather awful! I didn't have enough to write so I just blabbed and shoved in any old relevant quote in no particular order!

Tech exam was really good too. Everything in there was something I had knowledge of except one question which I kinda guessed and the odd term I couldn't remember.

I've got one exam left now which is the one I'm most confident about. Its Genre Studies in English and its kinda difficult to revise! So I'm just going to work on building my vocabulary of terminology and annotate some texts in preparation, maybe write some short essays or plans to get me in the mood of it, I may look up a practice paper on the website and have a go and mark it myself...

Yeah, we had ours back in May as well. It was so sad! It still hasn't really sunk in that I've left yet - I suppose seeing as I'm there most days doing exams!

I am so tired today, I've been at the library since half 9 this morning and have only just gotten home. I'm having a bit of a panic about my British empire history exam. It's just such a long course (110 years!) so there are so many events and dates to learn. My teacher says this exam is easier than theKorean/Vietnam war one we did in January, but I highly dispute that!:rollseyesAfter history on Monday I only have one English language left (language change/acquisition) on Thursday and then I am FREEEEE.:biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:I am so looking forward to having my life back!

Latest posts

Back