Exams and school stuff

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinksalamander

Reaction score
How is everyone who has exams getting on?

I have my first exam in just over a week, I'm PETRIFIED and I am not ready! I haven't done enough revision simply because I cannot write fast enough to get all the information in my brain!

On the plus side I got a B and C in my final two bits of ICT coursework, and as I took my exam in Jan I can be 95% certain that I will be going to university as I only need 1 C!!

My sleeping pattern has gone kooky too. I am now getting up at 8am, going to school until about midday, coming home and doing nothing in particular until now, then revising until 3am... I don't know why but more stuff goes in my brain in the early hours of the morning and I sit down and get more stuff done... but it is horrible getting out of bed in the morning.

How is everyone else surviving?

Horrible isn't it? :(

I have 4 exams next week alone!! My first one is on Monday, that's my Chemistry Practical, and I am absolutely dreading it! 2.5 hours of silence, what if I totally mess it up? Then I have some totally pointless Key Skill exam on Tuesday that I do not care about. Physics Practical on Wednesday and quite honestly I don't know what that involves! :shock: Thursday I get a break! Then Maths Mechanics exam on Friday, but we have yet to finish the course in that soo...

Then I have two more Chemistry written exams, a Physics written exam, a Biology written exam and a Core Maths exam, but they are better spread out over May and June.

But this is just AS what on earth is A2 going to be like I'm not sure I'll be able to handle these 4 next year! Luckily I'm going in with full marks on two modules from January and a high A in a third, so that gives me a bit of breathing space.

I totally get the middle of the night revising, that's my plan the night before my exams, worked for GCSE but not so sure it will work this time!

:(

Exams suck soooo bad! The thing I hate most about them is the shortened summer holidays, every other none exam year gets 12 weeks and we only get like nine and a bit. Revision isn't going well I hate revising. The subjects I'm worried about most are Business and Maths :( I failed those two in my mocks, well ten out of seventeen people failed science due to a crap teacher and I failed business because I hate it, it's just not a subject I like at all. The rest of them went well though.
We don't have any written exams until the third of June and they run till the 18th. We have course work though for Science, CSPE and Religion, CSPE and Religion are gone in, almost finished CSPE. We also have a Technology practical, I haven't finished my piece yet though.
We have written tests in all 11 subjects, joy :rollseyes

I'd say that GCSE is like 1, AS is like 5, A2 is like 15, in terms of stress/difficulty/stuff you need to know...

The good thing about AS is that you can just retake them the following year if they go wrong. You can retake papers or resubmit coursework to your hearts content so just think of it as this one is the 'practice', obviously you want to get a good grade in it but there is always resists.

I'm not too stressed on my poetry paper or my genre studies paper but I'm very worried about my Surfacing paper (stupid, horrible, crappy book that makes no sense!) and my tech papers. I got a U for tech last year (with a C in coursework) so I'm dreading this paper. I've done some revision but the textbook I'm revising from is so wordy it takes about an hour to do a few pages, and I have to get to page 300 by the 18th of May!!!!

Well, my room is tidied, I've had a cup of tea, I've got my Ella Fitzgerald playlist ready, my revision routine is about to begin!

I'm finally done and have about a week off before starting summer classes.

I had given up hopes of getting an "A" in anatomy this semester, but somehow pulled it off. Also got an "A" in my algebra class.

I'm taking microbiology and a nutrition class over the summer. Much less stress and much easierthan anatomy!

Pam

Gah I feel like such a failure, its only twenty past one and I can't do anymore! I've only worked since half eleven!

I did an hour of my technology revision from the textbook, then I did 20 minutes writing about a theme in the book I'm revising, then I did some internet research on one of the poems, and annotated some points in one of Bobby F. Kennedy's speeches, which covers at least a little section from each of my exams.

I'm going to try and revise for at least another 20 minutes for my tech exam and hope some stuff goes into my brain.

Also, does anyone here watch the Inbetweeners? I seriously feel like Will right now.

Simon: How's you revision going?
Will: Yeah got an excellent schedule sorted, all colour coded, balancing my time well, got some drinks here to help, Pro Plus and that sort of thing. AND NOTHINGS GOING IN! Nothing! I mean, I must have read about the accountability of legislature to citizens 50 times and I still don't know what it means! I'm starting to doubt if legislature is even a word! It doesn't look like a word anymore, none of them do, they're just squiggles on a page... is this a word??!
Simon: Yes it says council.
Will: Does it? It doesn't look right!

^^ That is EXACTLY how I feel right now!

I took my bio final today- they put the answers online right after and I got a 78%. I don't know what the mean is yet (they curve the mean to an 80%), but I think that'll be good enough for me to get at least a C-, which is what I need.
I took my bio lab practical last week and got that back today which gives me a B in that class.
I've turned everything in for both of my animal science classes. I think I'll get an A in my one credit and hopefully at least a B in my 3 credit.
My next, and final, final exam is chemistry on Tuesday which I am absolutely dreading. I essentially bombed the second prelim so I need to do pretty well even just to get a C-. If I don't get at least a C-, I have to take it again and I really really don't want to do that.

At this point, I'm just holding out until next friday when I get to go home.

Omg, I'm somewhere between laughing and crying about exams right now. I hate A2s! Why are they so much harder than ASs!?:XI actually felt like I could do all of this well last year and get As, but this year I feel like such a dunce. Why oh why did I take 3 essay subjects?!:?I would actually pay to be able to do ASs or GCSEs right now. They would be a walk in the park compared to this!

I'm so worried I'm not going to get the grades I need (AAB). I'm hoping seeing as I got high grades last year and in my course-workit'll pull everything up, even if I don't do as well as I want this year, but it still worries me. My first exam is on Monday as well and I have so much more revision I need to do.:(And just to stress me out more - I still haven't applied for a student loan for uni next year! Argh!!!

I hate hate hate hate exams!:cry2

pinksalamander wrote:
Simon: How's you revision going?
Will: Yeah got an excellent schedule sorted, all colour coded, balancing my time well, got some drinks here to help, Pro Plus and that sort of thing. AND NOTHINGS GOING IN! Nothing! I mean, I must have read about the accountability of legislature to citizens 50 times and I still don't know what it means! I'm starting to doubt if legislature is even a word! It doesn't look like a word anymore, none of them do, they're just squiggles on a page... is this a word??!
Simon: Yes it says council.
Will: Does it? It doesn't look right!

^^ That is EXACTLY how I feel right now!

Ha ha ha ha ha Fran. That is totally true. I make the prettiest, most organised revision notes ever - but when it comes to actually learningit nothing goes in!

Do you know our results are being released on 20 August this year? That is quite late! I'm sooo not looking forward to that day. If I don't get the grades I need I'll be ringing up my uni in tears begging them to still let me in! Woo hoo...:rollseyes

You're doing English aren't you? Is it quite a competitive course? (I'd imagine it would be). At least if you don't get the grades you can check on track ASAP to see whether they have accepted you or not... I don't get tracker :(

That is quite a late date actually, is that for definite? I shall put it in my diary :D

Yeah Fran I'm doing English, which honestly I am regretting choosing now. I do like English, but this year has drained all the fun out of it for me. I wish I had chosen another course, but too late now! I think I will like it once I'm actually there - it's just this bit which is making me think I'm not really good enough!

There is nothing that quite raises your confidence in yourselfas much as doing A levels!:rollseyes

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
Yeah Fran I'm doing English, which honestly I am regretting choosing now. I do like English, but this year has drained all the fun out of it for me. I wish I had chosen another course, but too late now! I think I will like it once I'm actually there - it's just this bit which is making me think I'm not really good enough!

There is nothing that quite raises your confidence in yourself as much as doing A levels!:rollseyes

I feel exactly the same about my course! I keep thinking I'm going to love it, but what happens if I don't? I'm in an even stickier subject as I don't really study the subject I will be doing (I'm doing Art and Design and the closest subject I do is Product Design which doesn't have all that much designing in it anymore!) I keep getting worried I'm going to arrive there and there are going to be loads of 'artistes' who paint all these amazing things and there's gonna be me the collage and Blue-Peter-style girl making things out of loo rolls and fairy liquid bottles.

pinksalamander wrote:
I'd say that GCSE is like 1, AS is like 5, A2 is like 15, in terms of stress/difficulty/stuff you need to know...

The good thing about AS is that you can just retake them the following year if they go wrong. You can retake papers or resubmit coursework to your hearts content so just think of it as this one is the 'practice', obviously you want to get a good grade in it but there is always resists.
I definitely don't want to be re-taking ANY AS next year, not while doing A2 Chem think I'll have enough on my plate with that! And unfortunately none of my subjects have CW except a teeny bit in Bio. So if I want to get A*s I need to be getting well over 90% in my modules now. Blah.

We did a mock Physics practical today so at least I know what it involves now, it's a lot less than the Chemistry practical thank god.

I know I will be absolutely fine after next Friday when my M1 is over. Four exams on the very first week is too many!

Arrrggghhhh!!:pullhair:My first exam is at 9am tomorrow and I am stressing out! I've been doing essays for possible questions all day, but I'm so worried they are going to throw in some horrible one, as this is the last ever of this exam they are putting on. If my mark doesn't go up in this I am actually doomed! Why did I apply to unis that ask for such high grades?:cry2

Gah! The teachers are absolutely killing me this time of year! With how the course is planned for Chemistry, Socials and Math, I usually get a unit exam every two weeks or so.. and more times than not, I have all three tests in the same week! It gets exhausting trying to balance everything, but good to prepare myself for things to come.

I am running on empty though, and my mind and body are definitely feeling the toll! Bah will I be happy when it's finally summer.. one month left! Then I only have one more year left of highschool once this semester is done, then I am good to go!

Because we're starting our GCSE's early now SATs are cancelled I'm having trouble with stupid exams too!!
I just can't learn when teachers are just speaking the information to me - which is unfortunatly what most of mine do! Grrrr - Especially Maths and Science which are the ones I need the most help on!!

My exam on Monday went ok. I was re-taking an AS (Life in Authoritarian Regimes - Nazi Germany) to get my mark up. It went ok I think. The questions were alright (so much easier the A2 ones!) but I don't think I put in enough statistics, dates etc for the B part of the question. Oh well! Moving on to the next one - June 2nd! (Russian Revolution I think:?)At least I have some more revision time.:D

I'm just writing ahistory (British Empire) essay now actually, "To what extent did the British Empire grow and decline due to strategic considerations". Not the British Empire in Africa, or Asia...no...the whole thing! *sigh* I could be here a while!:rollseyes

Product Design Y12 Retake on Tuesday! I know nothing! And it pissed me off even more today that my friends said 'tech? Isn't that like a doss subject?' NO! Would YOU like to tell me how a piezo-electric actuator works or the process of creating polyethylene? No you wouldn't because you wouldn't know HOW to!

/rant

My Physics and Chemistry practicals went ok I think, no major disasters except I smashed a conical flask in Chemistry, and it had ethanoic acid and phenolphthalein in it and I spilled some in my burette and then my burette turned pink so I had to re-do my titration, lol! I know I messed up one question in the Chemistry but apart from that I think I did ok. It's good to have them over with, I was worried about the format seeing as we are on a new specification.

Maths Mechanics on Friday, it's going to be awful as I haven't revised yet. Oops. And I had to buy a calculator costing £70 and I don't even know how to use it. :grumpy:

Good luck to everyone sitting exams this week and next. :)

Back