Everyone say a prayer :( - RIP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isadorastar

Reaction score
Stratford and Naugatuck, Connecticut, USA
:bigtears:

We finally caught the little black and white bunny. But his back is messed up cause move his back legs or anything. It must of gotten hit by a car or something :(:cry2. We are taking it to the vet tomorrow for xrays and maybe euthenization if we cant help the poor little guy. :bigtears: We are giving him food and lettace and brocolli and he is eating and drinking everything :(

So please everything say a prayer if you can perhaps he can pull threw this :(

IMAG0059.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so sorry! I'll pray for you and the bunny, hopefully he'll be okay :( I don't have experience with this but I guess just make sure he is urinating, keep him still.

prayers and wishes for the poor bun, I hope he can pull through.

I see you're from stratford, I've recalled too many instances of abandonded buns (whole litters) in the area on main roads over the years. Such a shame. :pray:

I will keep good thoughts for this bunny. I work with a local rabbit rescue and just had two little sweet hearts brought in yesterday that were dumped outside on the road. They had the longest nails Ive EVER seen on rabbits. Many bunnies live lives of good quality with rear paralysis if they have good caretakers. That this bun is excreting on his own is good. You at least don't have to hand express the bladder. Have you noticed if he is passing and re consuming his cecatropes? If he isn't, you may need to watch him and collect and hand feed them to him. It is also a good sign that he has a good appetite. Watch the broccoli though, it causes gas.Does he have any open wounds? I hope your vet is rabbit savvy. A vet that isn't, would probably immediately recommend euthanasia. As a rescue volunteer, thank you for being people with kind hearts.

I forgot to mention if you can get some synthetic sheep shearling from your local fabric store, it's the best thing to put a disabled rabbit on. If you put it over puppy training pads, this system works well to keep the bunny dry so it doesn't get urine scald and reduces the mess. The synthetic shearling will wick the moisture away from the bunny and the puppy training pads will absorb it.

the fact that he's pooping/peeing on his own is a good sign - it sounds like there's hope for the poor little guy!

be sure to take him to a vet that is truly rabbit-savvy, as some vets willing to treat rabbits aren't and will resort to euthanasia more readily because they're not aware of other options (I've heard of vets wanting to euthanize for tooth issues!). if you don't have a great vet lined up already, we have a library of rabbit-savvy vets here: http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f21/

if his hind legs aren't working due to a spinal injury, I'm thinking there's a good chance that the loss of control is permanent... you might wanna read through this thread - http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f27/wheelchair-bunny-9622/ . it's got some good info on bunny wheelchairs/helping a bunny who can't use their hind legs.

I am so sorry. I cannot stand to watch animals suffer and have even rescued a baby oppossum that I raised to be a pet many years ago and now, a couple years ago, I rescued a couple baby chipmunks that was removed from their nest somehow. I still have them, they are a couple years old and doing great and I would release them but I am sure they could not fend for themselves since they are so used to the good life.
Dear Lord Jeshua our Christ, please help the little bunny in the legs and help him get well. You word says that you care even if a sparrow falls to the ground, you know about it. Bless the attempts of Isadora in healing that poor rabbit. Amen.

With a heavy heart we had to put her to sleep. Her lower back had fractured and shifted :( she couldnt feel anything in her legs..doc said cause ofthe injury she would be in constant pain and live only for a year at the most :(. So we put her to sleep so she will no longer suffer and be in pain . She wil be in heaven with my little cotton i had a child.

But thank you guys for your support and your prayers

I'm so sorry to hear about that. That is such a sad thing, but you did what was right. She will be able to binky free and have a great life over the bridge! So sorry for your loss! :rainbow::hearts

Euthanasia can sometimes be a beautiful option for suffering animals. Thank you for helping this one to end her pain.

You absolutely did the right thing! You helped her, and now she isn't in pain anymore.
I'm so sorry for your loss :(

on the upside of all this we convinced the neighbor to let us catch the other rabbit ..we finally now have her friend safe and sound in our place... Little lucky will always be missed but her friend will have a good home with us now.

Meet little smartie

IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

We are so sorry to hear the news, but it was the right thing. Poor lil' Lucky isn't suffereing any longer.
The pictures of the new one are very cute. It looks like she is very very happy
Thanks for all of your efforts

Latest posts

Back