Equine Pine and what to clean the litter box with

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ntloser

Reaction score
Hi,

I am wondering what if any chemicals you use to clean the litter pan/box.

Also where to buy Equine Pine. I live literally 10 minutes away from their corporate office but the only reseller close to me is over an hour away.

Any places on line or in the FT Lauderdale area?

Thanks

I buy it at Tractor Supply and I use vinegar/water to clean the litter box.

Hope this helps,

Joy

i use pure vinegar to clean the bunny boxes out once to twice a week, it works wonders boxes look brand new.

Equine pine i use to use and i got it from my local tractor and supply place, either look around for a tractor and supply place or maybe contact them to see of any local suppliers that they know of.

There are many other brands of pelleted wood litter. In my area, we have a lot of lumber mills and many companies that use the by products to make the wood pellets.

Try to find a local feed store, somewhere that will sell horse supplies. All the feed stores near me have at least on type of wood pellets for use in horse stalls. I get a 40 pound bag for about $3.

I also use vinegar to clean up my litter boxes. I use a spray bottle filled with 50/50 vinegar/water mix, and give my litter boxes a spray then wipe every couple of cleans. I also use it to clean up the cages.

--Dawn

I don't use chemicals to clean the litter box, because I'm afraid they may cause respiratory problems to my bunny if inhaled. I follow the advice read over and over again in bunny sites and use white vinegar diluted in warm water.White vinegarcleans fine all the surfaces,gets rid oftheodourand urine crystal deposits in the litter box and has also disinfectant properties.

Marietta

I have seen Equine Pine at my local Wal-Mart, but as mentioned there are many other brands that are safe as well. I use Woody Pet, and it works wonderfully. It's also far cheaper, I pay $5.49 for a 30lb bag. I get it at my Rural King, which is a farm/tractor supply store.

Thanks for all the replies. I got the vinegar but still no luck on the equine pine or other wood pellets

PS: The best place to ask about online and other sources for Equine Pine is on a horse forum or website. Just be careful that if you choose an alternative, that it's a safe one. Softwood pellets and shavings can be toxic!

Latest posts

Back