Epic Litterbox!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkiddle

Reaction score
I finally found a litter box system to suit my lazy college student needs. I'll post pictures below.

Millie was having issues with going to the bathroom every time she ate/drank her food/water. It seemed to only happen when it was the pellets and water so I followed another member's advice and put the bowls in an area that can only be reached if they are in the litter box.

The litter box is a jumbo one so they can both be in it at the same time.

I line it with a litter liner (they did have the urge to chew it the first week but I put it on a certain way so they don't chew it anymore).

Then I add a Tidy Cat Breeze pad from the litter box system that uses pads and pellets. I was using that box before, but it just got so hard to clean. I had to put it in my bathtub every week because hay/pee/poop got stuck in the crevices and mine wasn't easy to pull apart. So now I'm just using a cheap jumbo box.

Then I add the plastic canvas. I used to use this above a grate, but I noticed the buns didn't want to use the box if I had forgotten to dump the poop.

Finally, I add a cut-out piece of a florescent light diffuser. It was 12 bucks at Home Depot for a huge sheet.

So the poop and pee fall through the light diffuser. The poop gets caught by the plastic canvas and I dump it every few days. The pee goes through the pad which I replace once a week. I simply take the liner out, tie the top and start over. The litter box doesn't need to be cleaned or anything! And no dusty litter! Awesome. Just had to share ;)

Here are some pictures:
SDC10086.jpg

SDC10085.jpg

SDC10083.jpg

I'm stunned that they don't chew the plastic bag lining the box. :shock:

Great that it works for you! That certainly looks like it would make things easy.

If I line it with hay, they don't bother. Before I started lining it with hay though, they didn't seem to want to chew it either. It's because the diffuser pulls the bag down, eliminating any "ruffles" so to speak. I don't know, maybe I'm just lucky!

Definitely be careful with that because if they do decide to chew the plastic bag that could cause some serious issues.

Latest posts

Back