Enclosure suggestions?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo

Reaction score
First day of nice weather here and I put my buns out in their enclosure at last and they loved it (all 4 together! woot :) )

Looking for some safe furnishing/toyideas to put inside it without reducing hopping room too much.

Here's a pic of the enclosure

(dog inside is a westie for size reference)

P1010547.jpg

I've already asked my dad to put wooden 'walls' inside the enclosure toprevent the dogs staring in at the rabbits, it was my original plan buthe decided to add some style to it with the reeds o.0 lol

The wire is a bit rusty from the winter,and the woodenwallswill block access to the wire from inside, but all thesame, is rust harmful to rabbits if they were to lick it?

Anyhoo my plans at the moment are a plastic dog kennel full of hay tosleep in, a litter tray, a chair with steps up to it if they want tosit up on it when im not :p
2 wooden log tunnels, and a few tossing toys, (would still be fairlybare inside, is bigger than looks in picture) but what im looking forideas for is mainly climbing sort of things, as they seem to love beingup on a height, but any other ideas are greatly appreciated :)

That looks like it's going to be tons of fun foryou bunnies! Sounds like you have some pretty good ideasalready! Make sure you take pictures of the finished producttoo - we love pictures! :)

Cardboard boxes of various sizes and shapes are a quick and inexpensiveway to get your buns more thing to play in and climb on. Imake box 'castles' but attaching boxes to each other and making variousheights and areas for them to go in and play.

Tunnels are a great idea. If not wood, we also use thesono-tubes you can buy at home improvement stores that people use forpouring concrete posts for decks/fences etc.

What about some grass matts for chewing and digging on? Or a small sand pit?

You could try to put a cat tree in there for them to climbon. Try to get one covered in sisal rope and not too muchcarpet. If a bunny digests carpet it can cause seriousblockage problem. Maybe you could get your dad to build one?

I wish I had a nice enclosure like that for my buns to run around in. It looks quite nice.

--Dawn

Oh I LOVE the sandpit idea. I want tomake one of those for my two so badly.. but being indoor buns, I thinkthat would cause me too much stress. lol.

LuvaBun has a sandpit in her yard and has many pictures of ber guysloving it - just use the sand you can get for kids sandboxes.

Yep i'll have plenty of cardboard, I collect it for my rodents to chew so I always have loads.

Plus I have a big sack of sand for them to bathe in too so I could defo make a sandpit :)

I'll look into those tunnels, see if they sell them near me, thanks! :)

Latest posts

Back