EMMY`S DRIVING ME CRAZYY!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhiszxpinay

Reaction score
I dont know WHAT to doanymore! I try wrapping her in a blanket and try cutting her nails! Itry rubbing her nose..possibly everything that I checked up on thesite. Does anyone have any tips for me? Or any suggestions? Emmy'snails are getting pretty long and I cant even cut it with her fussingall the time. I was trying to cut her nails one time, and she escapedfrom the blacket where I put her and she had scaratched my face realluhard. I had to put so much vasiline because it was so red!What should I do? :?:shock::(

I'd take her to the vets and make them do it.;)

Onzlo flips out if you want to cut his nails too, ( I think he had abad experiance with it before I adopted him.) Luckily he's small enoughwhere I can just hold him down.

~Christine~

Thats how my bunny is, soot never wants his nailstrimmed, then he throws a fit, then he can jump better, so he'shappy... My bunnie's just a brat though...

I never cut my buns nails alone. Even Guin who doesnt struggle TOO much.

Both the buns and myself feel more comfortable this way, so I know theyarent going to kick out and I end up cutting too far down.

I am still not 100% sure of myself when I trim, but I am slowly getting better.

I lucked out tho, the vet clipped his claws yesterday while he was still under from his neuter

It's easier to do with a partner. Someone to hold the angry rabbit and someone to clip the angry rabbit's nails.

The vet will do it for you for a small fee.

It's not easy to trance all rabbits. If it seems like Emmy is startingto relax try covering her eyes. Or hold her in your lap in sort of asitting position. Sometimes asserting your dominace works. She'llunderstand you mean business if you gently put your hand over her headand push it down. That's how they show dominance to eachother. In anycase, try to get an assistant. I could never clip my bun's nailsmyself. Those scratches are painful.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back