Emily's Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojo4411

Reaction score
Hello everyone! just to introduce everyone, im jojo from toronto and emily is my bunny! ive had her since april 7th 2007. her birthday is feb 14th (same as her daddys lol) shes a netherland dwarf and shes brown/grey/white

IMG_2502.jpg

for a little while now ive been having a problem with her growling and running away from me when i tried to pick her up. but the last time she did that i growled and stamped my foot right back at her and now shes stopped! shes a a very sweet girl, she absolutely loves being rubbed on her head and will spend litteraly hours lying down with me petting her. then she licks me over and over.. in the strangest places. like my forehead. or my hip. once it was my ear. hmm lol. anyways yesterday was the first day shes ever danced a circle around me! then she did it again today, she was so excited to come out of her hutch, she jumped in circles around my feet then started licking me :) im thinking about getting her a bunny friend, but id have to convince my mom lol. shes also pretty smart... she knows exactly when shes doing something wrong, like going into the non-bunny rooms... all i have to do is look over at her and she comes hopping back, or she stares right at me as shes chewing something she shouldnt be to see if i will say anything. cheeky lil thing!!!

Hiya!
Emily looks so cute! :)
Haha, glad you got her to listen to you for the growling thing; it's important for bunnies to know that you're the one in charge, not them.
Aww, sounds like an affectionate little girl now, huh?
If you're going to get her a friend, though, make sure she's spayed first, if she isn't already (You didn't mention if she was or not)

Looking forward to more posts about this cutie! :D

~Diana and Butter

new update!

yesterdayi bought emily some NIC cubes from wal-mart.. at $20 for 3 cubes it was rather expensive i thought but oh well... altogether i got 9 cubes, and built her a new home today! i dont have too much room, so it 3 cube squaresby 2 by 2, with a second level of a couple squares.. which isa massive improvement over her old home. she was scared when i first put her in, but i saw her binky awhile ago lol. and shes flopping down everywhere.. as in lying down all stretched out. ill be sure to get some pics up tomorrow!! :D

Emily is a cutie pie! Sounds like she's a sweetheart too now that she's gotten over her growling. :)

heres a couple pics of her new home, and emily just hanging around..
IMG_2611.jpg

emily knows the couch is for lying down

IMG_2633.jpg

taking a break!

IMG_2630.jpg

getting mad at me for telling her not to chew on the wire covers

IMG_2622.jpg

aaand licking the pillow!

IMG_2624.jpg

this is her new home!

IMG_2621.jpg

and again... shes been SO happy since shes moved in... she binkies like crazy, licks me non stop, and whenever i put her down, she circles my feet and doesnt let me leave the room!! :D

i need some ideas for toys and activites to put in there tho..

Wow, I'm glad she's so happy! :D

Hmm... Butter likes a thing called 'shred a box' that he throws around, and there's a treat in it. Maybe Emily would like it too? Or maybe a dog toy that has a jingly in it?
Many things can be made into toys, as well ;) My hamster ADORES cardboard boxes.

hi

my cocoa also loves 'shred a box'

I also take thoes honey sticks & place them in a T.P. roll for him to have fun with as well

he also has this great cat ball toy that he just loves too

it is big & has holes in it so he can pick it up & toss it to me

a wiffell ball would be a great toy too

Kathy

Captured2007-6-3000014.jpg

kathy5 wrote:
cocoa wanted to say hi to Emily

how is she doing??

Emily told me to say hi to cocoa!

shes doing very well.. i bought some crazins the other day, and she absolutely goes nuts over them! she is rightn now just sitting and staring at me because i wont give her more. lol. im looking forward to starting to feed her a little bit of greens ervyday, i dont kno what im going to start with tho. hmm..

You've got a very cute baby girl over there, and great cage! The growling and circling sounds like your baby is entering her teenage (hormonal) years.

You might want to think about getting her spayed in the next couple of months. Then you can consider adopting a companion for her.

Latest posts

Back