Emilio is going chewing-crazy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QueenMab

Reaction score
Hello,
my bunny is 11 weeks now, he roams the house freely when we're in, he used to behave normally, chewed on his cardboard boxes but never destroyed anything or paid much attention to the cables. Since 2 days as soon as I let him out of his cage he chews on absolutely everything like a mad bunny. I'm giving him pieces of timber, wooden spoons, corks etc. but he's not interested, he wants to chew on what he can't!
Can you suggest particular items that he would like to chew on? I've ordered cable protectors from the States, can't wait for them to arrive!

He's now comfortable with and is now of Pre-Teen age. Teenagers love to chew. Maybe it's time to limit his space and you need to be more pro-active when he's out. Get down on the floor with him. When he starts chewing on something he is not allow to, Say "No" move him away, and then give him whatever you want him to chew on. Now is the time to stop this behavior. Remember you are Alpha. This Pre-Teen needs to understand that. Believe me, they all go through this. Some more than others. You just have to be consistent and patient. Don't yell at him, but just say "No" and remove him from that object.

K:)

Fresh apple and willow branches worked for us. Plus everything was blocked off, fenced, boxed in, or barricaded. We used pieces of 1" PVC cut in half to protect wires, floor tiles, and lots of cardboard too. Felt that all furniture there was also sacrificial.

Latest posts

Back