Emery Cat Scratching board

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe it is just made of cardboard with some sort of file underneath.
A rabbit might chew it and dig, but not all will. The cardboard would not last long and they are expensive to replace. The rest of it would not be suitable for a rabbit to chew.
Clipping the nails is much easier and would give a better result. Even if your rabbit can keep the nails at a good length with it, the dewclaw would not get filed and would still need to be clipped.

You could make your own digging board. Get some corrugated cardboard (like a box) and cut it into strips a couple inches thick. Tape or glue them together. This would practically be the same thing and much cheaper.

I've seen the infomercial on tv for the cat emery board and it literally looks like a giant emery board stuck on a curved piece of plastic. I really don't think a bun would use it. If they even do bother with it, I doubt it'd be enough to wear down their nails sufficiently. I don't know about other bunnies but mine certainly grow tired of "toys" very, very quickly.

Clipping nails on my own is a good use of time to inspect the bunny all over, about once a month, to make sure I haven't missed something funky happening on their bodies.

Latest posts

Back