EMERGENCY.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncanTheDutch

Reaction score
Duncan and Arwin are seperated by a baby gatewith towels thrown over it. Last night I had left my room to go smoke.I was gone 5-10min. when I came back in Duncan and gotten over the babygate and they were, you know. Neither are spayed orneutered.I dont not want to breed them. Is there a possiblechance she could have gotten pregnant. If so what am I going to do? Ithere a bunnyabortion? PLEASE HELP!

Sara, Duncan, and Arwin

Hello.

How old are Duncan and Arwin?

I havent heard of a rabbit abortions but maybe you should take Arwin tothe vet and tell them the problem they could best advise you. If she isold enough for a spay then they might just do it right away and thatwould solve your problem.

Best wishes

ND

A quick spay willtake care of unwanted , unplanned forbabies but it must bedone ASAP , Didnt i see in yorlast thread she has a vetappointment shortly ?

Duncan is about 3 months old. Arwin is roughly7months old. Arwin will be going to the vet for a check up soon but Ido not have the money at this moment to get her spayed. I will in about3 weeks but by then if she did get pregnat wouldnt it be too late? Inow have them blocked so they can not come in contact so no moreaccendents will happen.

Sara, Duncan and Arwin

She could be pregnant. I'm having thesame issue around here right now. Orion and Basil got to eachother. He's almost 4 months. I caught them rightaway, within like 30 seconds, so I'm hopeful she's notpregnant. For me, spaying is not an option right now, becauseI'm almost positive I'm going to breed her later this summer.

A quick spay is the only way for a bunny abortion. It'sunfortunate, but these things do happen. Hopefully she's not,he might not be ready yet, but I'm not really sure.

Good Luck!

Jen

I believe normal gestation is 28 days, so you will know for certain in about 4 weeks. Why not assume worst case scenario and make plans accordingly in terms of housing and locating potential pet owners. If all comes to naught, all well and good, if she is pregnant, you are prepared.

Buck

Buck Jones wrote:
I believe normal gestation is 28 days, so you will know forcertain in about 4 weeks. Why not assume worst case scenarioand make plans accordingly in terms of housing and locating potentialpet owners. If all comes to naught,all well and good, if sheis pregnant, you a re prepared.

Buck
This is what I'm doing. I've already found 6 possible homesfor possible babies. We'll see what happens. Iactually know a couple of people who live somewhere within a reasonabledistance from you. I could contact them for you if you'd like.

Jen

P.S. I think gestation is 31 days, but I'm not positive.

cirrustwi wrote:
A quick spay is the only way for a bunny abortion.
Jen

Not so -- wehad asuccessful c-section done on rabbit and it was not necessary to spay her.

I do agree however, that the best solution is to spay her. Itshould be done as early as possible during the suspected pregnancy, asthere is greater risk during the operation of hemorrhaging due to theincreased blood flow to the uterus.

Medical abortions (through use of hormones)can be risky withrabbits, and are not advised -- especially because of the number ofvets I have noted that have misdiagnosed a pregnancy resulting inelevated risk to the rabbit.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Not so -- wehad asuccessfulc-section done on rabbit and it was not necessary to spay her.
This is the story of Pebbles before I adopted her from my vet.

Five month old, Netherland Dwarf Pebbleswas pregnant from a large PetStore rabbit. I don't know what breed itwas. The vet had to perform a c-sectionto deliver 1 still born kit almost asbigas Pebbles. It almost killedPebbles.During the c-section, shewasspayed at the same time.

Rainbows! :)

Pet_Bunny wrote:

This is the story of Pebbles before I adopted her from my vet.

Five month old, Netherland Dwarf Pebbleswas pregnant from a large PetStore rabbit. I don't know what breed itwas. The vet had to perform a c-sectionto deliver 1 still born kit almost asbigas Pebbles. It almost killedPebbles.During the c-section, shewasspayed at the same time.

Yes, as I posted, late term C-sections can be risky, especially whendone by a vet that is not skilled with rabbits. Our girl camethrough with flying colors, as well as the other rabbits our vet hasdone surgery on.

And yes, does can die while trying to deliver a stuckkit. The post wasn't clear whether it was the stuck kit (I'massuming it was stuck)or the surgery that nearly killedPebbles.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Thepost wasn't clear whether it was the stuck kit (I'm assuming it wasstuck)or the surgery that nearly killed Pebbles.
I believe it was stuck.....the original owners leftPebbles there to be euthanized. The vet took it onher own to save Pebbles (the surgery went fine) andfostered her for a week until I found outabout Pebbles, and adopted her.

Back