Emergency Re-home needed in Toronto!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runestonez

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I have a young lady, a Visa student in Toronto, she bought a bunn and now has to go to another "homestay" and CANNOT bring her bunn with her! She has to re-home him by April 16th!:shock:

She has been trying to re-home him for about a month now with no luck...honestly she is making me nervous! She needs a home for him and the TO Humane Society is closed now till June! We had a wee discussion about "releasing" him earlier!

His name is Minmin.
He is approx 6-7 months old.
He is not neutered.
Very friendly and active little man!

DSC_0758.jpg

Is there anyone in the TO area who could foster him temorarily until a permanent home could be found?

Danielle

I just sent him to my rabbit friendly friends on facebook. I'll canvas work this evening when I get there. I know a couple of people who where interested in one, so hopefully we will have a bite! I wont be home till late this evening though unfortunately.

Hey guys...

No she is unable to travel that far...
even I can't get to her and arrange travel for him right now...
I have exhausted all my resources. :(

All my bunn related contacts are full up.

Danielle

I am trying to convince her to turn him over to a shelter in or around her area...
Today is her moving day...so I am hoping she will let me know what is going on and what she decides...<fingers crossed>

Danielle:twitch:

I just got an email from Sara...

She says she has a family interested in taking Minmin...they have some issues to be worked out between her and them...she doesn't say what...but she thinks they will be a good re-home for him...at least she is still taking her time and talking/interviewing...not just unloading him...

So I am hopeful that he will find a good home...
She is going to email me and let me know what happens...:pray:
I am going to pass on this site and OREO's as well for the new bunn owners...
just to make sure!;)

Danielle:)

So much for that...
the family decided not to wait and bought a baby bunn instead...:(

So she says she will continue to look...
She is supposed to keep in touch and let me know what is going on...
I hope she does...

Hi Rabbit Hero...

I haven't heard from Sara since yesterday...
I don't know if I will from here on or not...:(

I am hoping once she is moved she will contact me and let me know what is going on...
Or stupidly optimistically of me---if she had to take Minmin with her...perhaps the new "homestay" will change their minds and let her keep him...

I will post and let you know what happens...She seems like she was listening...so I am hoping she makes somegood choices for her little guy! Not rushing to unload him and doing a proper interview even though she was rushing herself makes me very hopeful for a better outcome than it first appeared was going to happen!:)

Danielle:)

I sincerely hope that he finds a forever home. I'm sorry that no one on my end is interested.

I do know of a Rabbit Rescue. If worse comes to worse, maybe we can approach them about our options.

Keep us posted!

-Lindsay

Latest posts

Back