**EMERGENCY** Caesarean Section

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kipcha

Reaction score
We know a lady that has a Netherland Dwarf doe that accidently bred with a Mini Rex buck. The doe is 2 years and 6 months old and never been bred before. It is 1.2 kilograms.

They took x-rays today and there is only 1 large baby in there, I doubt she is going to make it if they leave it in there but the owners and the vet are understandebly very concerned that the doe will not make it through the surgery since she is so small.

Anyone have any advice or gone through something similar? The buck was about twice the size of the doe.

This baby is far along, as in ready to be born any day now.

I'm going to just bump this up in hopes of an answer! I'm really hoping SOMEONE may have some experience with this!

Hi

I not an expert by any means but I think the chances of her surviving a birth are not very good. It could rupture her uterus and then she will bleed to death. In my opinion if it was my rabbit I would do the surgery because I think there would be a higher survival rate.

I wish your friend the best of luck!

That is what they do for dogs that have breed with too big of a male. Man what a horrible decision, but appears to be the only logical one. They may have to do a spay at the same time to prevent internal bleeding.

Best of luck. Another reason I get my buns fixed :pray:

What a tough situation. Please let them know people are thinking of them. :hug:

Just got a call from the owners, the doe is waking up now from the surgery but the baby could not be saved. Apparently it was a very large one and would not have passed on its own.

Back