EMERGENCY BROKEN FOOT?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About taking Soleil back, I may catch grief for this but in order to be the best you can be with your bunnies you need to be stress free. If that means your nerves would be shot because you'd be afraid of another attack or couldn't get over a grudge, you did the right thing.

Some people here are VERY rabbit experienced ( I am not) and could deal with it very well but personally I am not experienced enough to deal with a situation like you went through.

Focus on your little guy healing. :hugsquish:

[align=center]Thank you so much, Tristana. That means a lot to hear that other people agree that me taking Soleil back was the right thing.

You are correct, it would have been really hard for me to keep her, not only because I would fear another attack, I wouldn't be able to treat her like I treat my other bunnies and it would be unfair to her. I wouldn't be mean, but I wouldn't be all lovey how I had been before. I know this sounds wrong, but she broke our bond when she seeked out and attacked my first two bunnies. I mean, I had to PIN her down to get her to semi-calm down, and when I put her in her cage, she was grunting and attacking the cage. It was horrifying.

Thank you again =]

Yield wrote:
Bunny parents wrote:
:( Oh poor boy. So will he stay there for a night or you can take him home ? Did they give you guys any meds ? I really don't know what to say.. I know it's hard, but we need to be there for our bunny and with your love, I'm sure he will quickly recover. Be strong for both of you, ok ? Okay, I'm no expert here, but a clean straight broken bone is easy to grow back sticking to each other again ?
You're welcome, Yield. At least I can be here, keeping you a company.
:hug2:

[align=center]
We brought him home. We got antibiotics in case he got bitten (even though he was attacked through a pen. Soleil is who got her fur ripped out and stuff) and we got pain meds too.
I'm trying to be strong- it's so hard, I love him so much. I can't even fathom what I'd do if he didn't survive all of this. I keep telling myself that he's a touch lil bun and has to be okay. I hope I'm right.. By that, I meant like... it's not a slanted break. the bone is broken straight in half and the doctor fears that the bones will just go back and forth. Also, call me Bailee please =]

Anyways- he's got this huge blue cast on and a cone and he just looks so sad. I feel so bad, I feel like it's all my fault. Also- we just took Soleil to the Humane Society, and they're going to put her up for adoption. No matter how mad I am at her for attacking my bonded pair (they can't be together until Sabriel is healed) I am very sad to see her go, and I hope she gets a great home...

Also Vircia, do you have an email or facebook or something? You're very nice, and I would love to keep in contact with you outside of RO =]

[/align][align=left]
Also- I'm Polish! I just noticed it said you live in Poland.
:) How are your buns doing today ? When is the next appointment with the vet ? I hope you guys are doing ok now :)
Nothing to thank me for :) You're welcome... actually I didn't do anything though. I just don't like to see anyone going through such a terrible situation alone. Oh by the way, I PM you. :) It's very nice to meet you, Danielle. :)
[/align]

Bunny parents wrote:
Yield wrote:
Bunny parents wrote:
:( Oh poor boy. So will he stay there for a night or you can take him home ? Did they give you guys any meds ? I really don't know what to say.. I know it's hard, but we need to be there for our bunny and with your love, I'm sure he will quickly recover. Be strong for both of you, ok ? Okay, I'm no expert here, but a clean straight broken bone is easy to grow back sticking to each other again ?
You're welcome, Yield. At least I can be here, keeping you a company.
:hug2:

[align=center]
We brought him home. We got antibiotics in case he got bitten (even though he was attacked through a pen. Soleil is who got her fur ripped out and stuff) and we got pain meds too.
I'm trying to be strong- it's so hard, I love him so much. I can't even fathom what I'd do if he didn't survive all of this. I keep telling myself that he's a touch lil bun and has to be okay. I hope I'm right.. By that, I meant like... it's not a slanted break. the bone is broken straight in half and the doctor fears that the bones will just go back and forth. Also, call me Bailee please =]

Anyways- he's got this huge blue cast on and a cone and he just looks so sad. I feel so bad, I feel like it's all my fault. Also- we just took Soleil to the Humane Society, and they're going to put her up for adoption. No matter how mad I am at her for attacking my bonded pair (they can't be together until Sabriel is healed) I am very sad to see her go, and I hope she gets a great home...

Also Vircia, do you have an email or facebook or something? You're very nice, and I would love to keep in contact with you outside of RO =]

[/align][align=left]
Also- I'm Polish! I just noticed it said you live in Poland.
:) How are your buns doing today ? When is the next appointment with the vet ? I hope you guys are doing ok now :)
Nothing to thank me for :) You're welcome... actually I didn't do anything though. I just don't  like to see anyone going through such a terrible situation alone. Oh by the way, I PM you. :) It's very nice to meet you, Danielle. :)
[/align]

[align=center]Well, I'm grateful for you just being there =] I replied to the PM =D
It's very nice to meet you too =]

Also- the next Vet appointment is Monday so Sabriel can get his bandages changed. =]

Yes you did the right thing taking Soleil back. An aggressive bunny who is aggressive towards other bunnies is definitely not a good thing. I don't think that I would be able to handle that.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Soleil is evil!
("I know this sounds wrong, but she broke our bond when she seeked out and attacked my first two bunnies. I mean, I had to PIN her down to get her to semi-calm down, and when I put her in her cage, she was grunting and attacking the cage. It was horrifying.")
That would just scare the crap outta me!

Sweetie wrote:
Yes you did the right thing taking Soleil back. An aggressive bunny who is aggressive towards other bunnies is definitely not a good thing. I don't think that I would be able to handle that.

[align=center]Thank you, it makes me feel better that people agree.

I feel so sad though, I'm crying right now. I didn't think I'd feel sad after what she did, but she was such a great people-bunny. She was so sweet when she didn't have other buns in view. I'll really miss her.

SarahLovesMusic1996 wrote:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Soleil is evil!
("I know this sounds wrong, but she broke our bond when she seeked out and attacked my first two bunnies. I mean, I had to PIN her down to get her to semi-calm down, and when I put her in her cage, she was grunting and attacking the cage. It was horrifying.")
That would just scare the crap outta me!

[align=center]Yes, evil towards other bunnies. She was the sweetest, loveliest thing with me. I'm crying. I truly miss her sweet personality. But I do not miss how she attacked my other bunnies.

Yeah, it was horrifying. I can hardly remember what happened when I woke up. It was like a nightmare. I woke up to the sound of the pen rattling, and I think I put my glasses on at that point (after I put Soleil in her cage I realized I had them on.) But before I had them on, it was a blurry image of Soleil's white body pinned to the white pen, and it was sorta a mesh of events from then. It was all an instant reaction. I don't remember even standing from the bed.

I remember just snatching Soleil up by all the skin on her back and neck (instant reaction) and then throwing her on the bed. I pinned her down- I think she was grunting- but she was definitely struggling. She wanted BLOOD. It was horrifying seeing that look in her eyes.

And then I picked her up the same was as before- I was shaking- I was so angry and scared. And then I tossed her in her cage and shut it. That's when she started grunting and biting and scratching the cage.

And when I went to check on the buns, I checked Solara first since she was out, and then that's when I found Sabriel, hunched in the corner, his leg bent the wrong way. I ran downstairs, bawling, my hand over my mouth.

Yield wrote:
Sweetie wrote:

[align=center]Thank you, it makes me feel better that people agree.

I feel so sad though, I'm crying right now. I didn't think I'd feel sad after what she did, but she was such a great people-bunny. She was so sweet when she didn't have other buns in view. I'll really miss her.

It sounds like Soleil just needs to be an only bun. Unfortunately these things happen sometimes. Warm thoughts and prayers for your whole family. :pray:[/align]

OMG!
That sounds horrifying! I couldn't imagine being in that type of situation! I would of been scared and irritated that she tried to do. But then again I would of been scared
of her actions and wouldn't have believed she had did it. I pray that Sabriel gets better and that Soleil finds a loving home where she can get all the love she needs.
Yes, evil towards other bunnies. She was the sweetest, loveliest thing with me. I'm crying. I truly miss her sweet personality. But I do not miss how she attacked my other bunnies.

Yeah, it was horrifying. I can hardly remember what happened when I woke up. It was like a nightmare. I woke up to the sound of the pen rattling, and I think I put my glasses on at that point (after I put Soleil in her cage I realized I had them on.) But before I had them on, it was a blurry image of Soleil's white body pinned to the white pen, and it was sorta a mesh of events from then. It was all an instant reaction. I don't remember even standing from the bed.

I remember just snatching Soleil up by all the skin on her back and neck (instant reaction) and then throwing her on the bed. I pinned her down- I think she was grunting- but she was definitely struggling. She wanted BLOOD. It was horrifying seeing that look in her eyes.

And then I picked her up the same was as before- I was shaking- I was so angry and scared. And then I tossed her in her cage and shut it. That's when she started grunting and biting and scratching the cage.

And when I went to check on the buns, I checked Solara first since she was out, and then that's when I found Sabriel, hunched in the corner, his leg bent the wrong way. I ran downstairs, bawling, my hand over my mouth.
:pray: Praying,
Sarah

[align=center]Thank you, both of you!

In case you haven't seen my other post- here are the X-Rays.

IMG-0001-00003.jpg

IMG-0001-00002.jpg

IMG-0001-00001.jpg

And here's poor Sabriel:

2-2.jpg

He doesn't sit so awkward anymore... =p

I'm very sorry to hear about your little bun! I hope he heals quickly and doesn't need surgery. It looks like a clean break which should be easier to heal than if it has splintered.

I just wanted to say I am so so sorry for what happened to Sabriel. I have always admired your bunny family. Condolences to you and Solara too, it must be hard on both you guys.

While I don't think animals can really be evil or bad, I agree that taking the other bunny back was the right thing for you. It really does sound like she needs to be in a single bunny home. Or if not a single bunny home, a home that is more prepared to deal with conflicting personalities. I've always been a bit amazed at how well all your rabbits got along. There is no reason to ruin the tranquility of your family.

I think her experience with Bailee proves that she was a very loving bun, but just not right for that particular home. I'm sure there are tons of other rabbits who would have fought, and its pretty likely Sabirel got hung up in the bars.

So don't feel bad Bailee. You really are looking out for all your buns, even the one you had to take back. The other rabbits were clearly stressing her out, so it was probably better that she go.

Its possible Soleil could have gotten hurt in this situation too. Everyone will be safer if she finds a new home that is willing to deal with a rabbit aggressive rabbit. I think it would be easier for you to get over this if you forgive Soleil and understand that shes just an animal who was following some kind of skewed basic instincts. She wasn't trying to be bad. And really, by finding her a new home you are protecting her too.

I'm going to keep all you guys in my thoughts. Hopefully Sabriel will heal and Soleil will find a great new home!

[align=center]@Laura: Thank you so much! Yes I am glad it didn't splinter.. but I wish it had broken diagonally instead... better yet, not at all!

@pumpkinandwhiskersmom: Thank you!

@Jessica: Thank you for the kind words. I felt that Soleil was evil when she had first done it. But now that it's all said and done, I don't believe so. I miss her an awful lot, and I really regret not properly saying goodbye before I handed her back to the Humane Society... (I cry every time I think about it) I was just so mad at her. Once they put her up for adoption, I'll be going in to say goodbye properly. I really hope she gets a good home.

We got really really lucky with all three of my rabbits. They're all such great buns.

Soleil had some of her fur ripped from by her nose. Nothing major though. I had already forgiven her.

Thank you!

SarahLovesMusic1996 wrote:
Any Updates?

[align=center]Sabriel is doing good. He is his usual piggy self, and a spaz as usual. When I take the cone off, he goes all spazzy-licky on his un-casted foot and scratches his eye a lot and shakes his head. I would too- that cone must be irritating. The only problem is him drinking! It's frustrating.

I went to the Humane Society today and said bye to Soleil. She didn't seem to care, but I think that's best. It was easier for me. =/

Glad Sabriel is doing okay. May he continue to do well. What is going on with his drinking? Is he drinking more than usual or not enough?

[align=center]@Sarah: Yeah, I was hoping she would, but as I said, I figure it's better. If she would have been lovey again, I would have been sad because I won't get that anymore (from her at least). But her seeming distant made me less sad. Does that make sense? Makes sense in my head... >_<

@Sweetie: Doesn't seem he's drinking enough... for my standards. I dunno how much he drinks usually though- since he is bonded to Solara.

You know what's really weird?
They put Soleil up for adoption (as Zelda- I'm pissed).
But look- they have a picture I took as the third picture.
http://www.petango.com/Webservices/...8&css=http://www.hshv.org/hshv_stylesheet.css

And they had the first one as a picture I took too. But I have no idea how they even got the picture. Not that I care that they use it, I'm just baffled to how they got it.

Latest posts

Back