EMERGENCY BROKEN FOOT?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bailee. I think if he still eats normal, he gets enough amount of water he needs. You said you don't know how much he drinks 'cause he's bonded with Solara. It's mean they are in the same cage ? :) Sorry for asking this. This is new to me.I have only one bunny and I wonder if one day we have another one.When they will be bonded to each other, can we keep them in the same cage ??? :) That'd be super cute. Seeing them together all the time. Hehehe.
Yes, that's weird how they got your pics. And why Zelda ? Is that her previous name or what ? :confused2:
Wow, girl. I must admit you're a brave and tough girl. You went there and say good bye to Soleil. I always have problem with saying goodbye. :) How are you feeling ? Better ? :)

Bunny parents wrote:
Bailee. I think if he still eats normal, he gets enough amount of water he needs. You said you don't know how much he drinks 'cause he's bonded with Solara. It's mean they are in the same cage ? :) Sorry for asking this. This is new to me.I have only one bunny and I wonder if one day we have another one.When they will be bonded to each other, can we keep them in the same cage ??? :) That'd be super cute. Seeing them together all the time. Hehehe.
Yes, that's weird how they got your pics. And why Zelda ? Is that her previous name or what ? :confused2:
Wow, girl. I must admit you're a brave and tough girl. You went there and say good bye to Soleil. I always have problem with saying goodbye. :) How are you feeling ? Better ? :)

[align=center]Yeah, I'm just worried that he should probably get more cause it'd help his leg, right?

Yes, you can keep them in the same cage! =]

With Solara and Sabriel, these are the steps we took:

1. Live close together for 2-3 weeks (separate cages and pens), switching food bowls and being semi-close.

2. Start bonding - we used the bathtub (neutral territory and too slippery to fight), with the vacuum running (for first few bonding sessions)

3. Moved bonding to bathroom floor.

4. One last bonding session in room attached to bathroom.

5. Went in Solara's pen with Sabriel since Solara seemed more submissive, Solara closed in cage and Sabriel in pen.

6. Connected pens so both territories would be open.

7. Let them stay together all day, but slept in separate cages.

8. Let them sleep together- chased each other all night so I had to keep them separated at night a bit longer, but they grew accustomed to it and now they love each other so much =]

Yeah, I'm really confused how they got the pics!

And yes, Zelda was her previous name. =/

And yeah, I bawled though XD;; I am feeling a bit better, but I'm still wishing I could have just waited and never gotten Soleil. It would have been better for everyone. And there's this cute little bunny that reminds me of Sabriel at the place I volunteer and I'd love to get her D= She seems very passive and isn't aggressive at all towards any of the other bunnies around her in the sanctuary.

But it's too soon, I'm too nervous, and we can't spend any more money right now. And Sabriel's broken leg and all..

[align=center]The vet visit went very well today! Dr. Parks took Sabriel in the back this time, because there were no rooms open and she said the following things when she got back:

-He's the same weight.
-He was more feisty than usual.
-His leg has healed substantially more since last week.
-We'll do an X-Ray next week.
-His leg is crooked.
-Hopefully he'll be done with his cast and such in the next two weeks or so.

Such great news! I am SOOO happy!

[align=center]Sabriel's in a soft cast without the splint and he's more restricted than before so by next week he should be without a cast and we have to watch him a whole LOT. I'm so nervous but excited. I hope he does okay.

His leg looks so sad with the cast off. It's skinny, and there's some sores on it or whatever from the tape ripping his fur off and stuff. But the vet said it'll clear up quickly after he's out of his cast.

The bend where his leg is healing is about 15 degrees off.. (bent inwards). The break feels like another elbow. But I think it'll not look so drastic after it's done healing completely. The bone that is growing back- the vet lemme feel it.. it feels so crazy!

When we got him from the vet he spazzed out and went right in his litterbox and peed with a relieved squeaking noise XD;; He'd been holding it (we went in Border's briefly after the vet)... what a good boy XD Didn't pee in the carrier 8D

He's growing much more feisty.. I know he can feel that the casting stuff and such will be over SOON!

Good to know he's doing so well! Im sure once he has no cast on he's gunna bunny 500 for as long as he can, lol. It's honestly inspiring how you've handled this entire siuation, I think I would be scared out of my mind if something like this happened to my buns. Make sure you give him some hugs from everyone here on RO :)

[align=center]@Sammi: Well for the first week without his cast he has to be confined more than usual, just in case. =P But after that, he's gunna be a spaz XD I WAS terrified. It was so scary- we thought we were gunna have to amputate his leg =[ I will give him hugs from all of you =] Thank you~

@Olivia: Thank you =] Want me to give him nose-rubs for you? =]

[align=center]This is his leg.. healed (the one on the right). But with a sore on it that's mostly healed. And after he licked it a ton.
185967_10150092279821516_546981515_6356308_2946641_n.jpg

The one on the left looks twisted because how he is sitting and the broken one looks a bit more odd than it should because he's holding it up.

Latest posts

Back