Elliot -1 Hutch-0

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliot

& Carole
Reaction score
The hutch has turned out to be my biggest bunny mistake!:sigh:
So...I found a ferret nation 2 story on CL cheap, that I will be setting up for Elliot. It is nice and roomy, and with the xpen will be more room than the hutch. That hutch is just a huge chew toy for him, and very hard to clean. Lesson learned....
And 4 paws up for Midwest Homes For Pets!!!:bunny24 I called them yesterday to get some parts, as a couple small things were missing.
And they are sending them...for FREE!:party0002:

I bought a cage for Becky at first and found it totally didn't work. Added a play pen and that sort of worked, but she hated it closed. I'm such a softie it didn't take long to have bunnies running all over the house. They only have to "go home" at night for their own protection.

Just wait, the little eyes and the begging... Elliot will be out in no time ;)

Well we tried that...and Elliot ate two cables. DH was not a happy camper..soooo it's either strict supervised out time, xpen out time, or he can bounce around my bedroom, where all plugs have been pulled, and there are no expensive computer or tv cables.:)

Cables are primo noms! I have all mine blocked off or covered because I don't expect the buns to control themselves when it comes to wires and cables, just not going to happen. :)

MiniLopHop wrote:
Cables are primo noms! I have all mine blocked off or covered because I don't expect the buns to control themselves when it comes to wires and cables, just not going to happen. :)
Yup! Tubing on all exposed wires! :highfive:

LOL..thanks everyone. We love him just the same...but for his own safety we must be careful. Those cables could have been electrical wires that shock!

Elliot wrote:
LOL..thanks everyone. We love him just the same...but for his own safety we must be careful. Those cables could have been electrical wires that shock!
Yes, that's why you put flexible tubing over the wires. The tubing protects bunny from getting to the dangerous wires. I use it on all exposed cords.

Thanks Blue eyes. I am preparing to make the switchover soon! My birdcage has been shipped!

Back