Elf in Stasis (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elf Mommy

Reaction score
Small weird poops...came out of her cage only to lay down immediately...went over to the mats, only to lay down with just her head and front paws on the mat. I held her for a long time petting her and rubbing her belly...small stinky hard poops...

I'm going to do a little hunting for what I need...then run out to the store. I know pumpkin, I'll look for what else.

sigh...

:cry2

Oh not Princess Elf. Deep breath. Prayers headed your way.

fresh pineapple juice per syringe several cc' s
pedialyte per syringe if she won't drink it
simethicone( liquid baby gas x or liquid baby mylicon)

warmth ( sock filled with rice and warmed evenly in microwave) if she seems cold . otherwise don't warm her if she feels warm
also gentle tummy rubs
and some pumpkin per syringe or in a dish
get liquids in her first

ok, I got all of the above except for the benebac (gonna call around tomorrow morning and see who has it). I'm going to try the fresh pineapple juice by syringe first and then pedialyte if she won't drink the pineapple juice. Thank you, Angie!

She drank one syringe full of pineapple juice...went down easy, she's such a sweetheart. She didn't like the simethicone as much but she did drink it. I rubbed her belly. I haven't given anything else yet. I put her back in her cage and she's laying down again.

Additional facts...she had a hard time jumping out of her litter box this afternoon. I also noticed that her water bottle (which is on the top shelf) was completely full, so she probably didn't jump up to the top level all day and hasn't had water. I moved the water bottle to the bottom level right where she's laying down, so she just has to turn her head to the side to drink if she wants it.

:pray:

I'd give her the pedialyte at room temp.

Has she eaten anything....or passed the "treat test"?

I haven't offered her any food yet. She's just laying there in her cage...hasn't moved around. What's the "treat test"?

I did buy some dried papaya and some greens...would those count?

room temperature is better.
also if you let her out of the cage would she run around any to get things moving
Oh if you could offer her wet greens that she really likes and she ate them that would be great

OK, she took a syringe and a half of pedialyte. She turned up her nose BIG time at the dried papaya. She ate a few spring greens from my hand slowly and from my chest as she lay on my belly. She ate another bit in her cage and has some more sitting in front of her. She lay back down in her cage...

She feels normal temperature...the house is at 76-79 degrees controlled temp. Her belly doesn't feel hard to me. I felt all her bones, too...just in case. She doesn't flinch at any bone, so I don't think she broke anything.

Latest posts

Back