Electro-Lux...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In quite a not-so-nice-to-bunnies way, that is hilarious!! I can just hear it...lol!

Poor things...didn't know what was comin!

Hey, nice thought, though, using the vac, eh?

JimD wrote:
maherwoman wrote:
Too funny...the thumpin! I haven't heard that yet in my bun. :D

That's a great idea about using a wet/dry shop vac to clean the cage and just dumping it in the compost pile. I bet that would be so much faster! (Not to mention you'd come out with much cleaner hands! LOL...)

I have a funny sequel to this story, too.

The noise of the shopvac scares most of my buns and hose is short. I thought it would be a good idea to use the hose from the pool vac, that way I could put the shopvac in another room or even outside. GREAT IDEA....not.

I hook the hose up (using lots of duct tape) and leave the one end in the bunnie room.I then take the shopvac in the kitchen at the other end of the house. Good so far. I plug in the vac and the switch was in the "On" position.

Well, let me tell you.....it sounded just like an air raid siren...AND JUST AS LOUD........rrrrRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEE!!!!

By the time I turned it off and got back to the bunnie room ALL of the bunnies were thumping away!! Poor bunnies!!

~Jim

Aww thats so cute! LOL!

I would of loved to of seen that! :D

(I was told a while back that when rabbits chatter their teeth it means they are angry?) Is this not true?

Linz_1987 wrote:
(I was told a while back that when rabbits chatter their teeth it means they are angry?) Is this not true?
When the grind or chatter their teethgently, it's kind of like purring. It means they're happy and content.

When they grind them hard, to the point where you can hear them, it's usually and indication that the bunnie is in pain or distress. They may also sit hunched over position.

~Jim

I thought If you could hear them grinding(of all else is silent) it means they are happy. When they come to me and I sit stroking them I can hear them. If they want me to leave them alone they get up and stretch! :embarrassed:Tell m Im not annoying them? And If I tried the hoover I think Ellie would thump through her hutch!!!

We kind of hijacked the thread with that post....sorry.:)

Gentle grinding is a good thing....a happy bunnie sound.
Hard grinding is a bad thing. This is a indication that the rabbit is stressed or in pain.

sheridan wrote:
I thought If you could hear them grinding(of all else is silent) it means they are happy. When they come to me and I sit stroking them I can hear them. If they want me to leave them alone they get up and stretch! :embarrassed:Tell m Im not annoying them? And If I tried the hoover I think Ellie would thump through her hutch!!!
...and read on to see my explaination......

JimD wrote:
Linz_1987 wrote:
When the grind or chatter their teethgently, it's kind of like purring. It means they're happy and content.

When they grind them hard, to the point where you can hear them, it's usually and indication that the bunnie is in pain or distress. They may also sit hunched over position.

~Jim
Just a note....my bunnies HATE the vac and thump like crazy the entire time it's on......and then some.

You definatelyhave to have adedicated bunny vac, b/c if you use the one that you use all over the house, "you" will end up leaving little bunny poops everywhere.

Peanut is funny she is a masochist. She is terrified of the vacuum, but can't stand the curiosity and must come up to the vacuum. When she realizes it is the same noisy, scary"vanishingfur & poopie machine" she is :run:eek:uta there and thumping. Mr. P. Bunny knows better he starts thumping as soon as the machine is in sight even before it ison.

I may have to consider trying the brush extension on the vacuum. She may stay curious long enough to be brushed, lord knows it can't be worse than trying to brush her mannually.

Anyone remember the Flowbe? :shock:

webrickbotflat2%20copy.jpg

Runaway...runaway!:run:

Latest posts

Back